• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

random thought on harrisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hay Kay

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Haylie
So harrisons made their pellets much later than their bread (if you go to their site you can read all about them)

Anyhow the question becomes if the pellets cam from the bread but the bread is made of the pellets then can you grind up the pellets to make your own bread?

Jacob

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Herdis
So harrisons made their pellets much later than their bread (if you go to their site you can read all about them)

Anyhow the question becomes if the pellets cam from the bread but the bread is made of the pellets then can you grind up the pellets to make your own bread?
I've been thinking the same thing :)

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I do not but some people use pellets for a birdie bread base

jamie

Real Name
Jamie
Yes, you can do that. Just grind them & add enough water to get the dough to the correct consistency, add the other ingredients and bake.

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
Yep- it's a great way to use up that half crumbled pellet junk in the bowl at the end of the day. :) (and get pellets into those stubborn converts)

Jacob

Real Name
Herdis
Yep- it's a great way to use up that half crumbled pellet junk in the bowl at the end of the day. :) (and get pellets into those stubborn converts)
do you put the crumbles in the freezer and store them there until you make bread? I've been thinking of doing that, it feels such a waste to throw out those crumbles...

Hay Kay

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Haylie
I store all my harrisons except what i use for the week in the freezer.. Hmm.. this would be a lot of work, BUT prolly cheaper than buying the bread all the time (i have a stuborn convert who only wants to eat it out of my hand..lol) plus i don't have to worry about sugar sodium or other ingredients that can be found in the human breads.... think the food processer could do it?

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
hmm, That would be a good idea, and I want a food processer for Christmas, hehe! My fids eat Zupreem, but they waste some of it and that would be a good way to use the waste that they made up.

Hay Kay

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Haylie
oh for sure! and that way you know that they are getting some.. and if you had enough to not have to use a base bread then you are really killing two birds with one stone (only not literally.. gosh im a dork) Im thinking yay for no added sugar or sodium in human quantities ,..lol then again im easy to apease today.. i do have one bag of the mix though I might even try to make that tonight

RandomWiktor

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ren
I use the left over crumble at the end of my the day from my parrot food (not Harrison's, TOP) to make treats, so it would definitely be great for birdie bread as well. What I do with mine is mix it with applesauce, grain millet, and sometimes dried herbs or flowers, then pack it into gluten-free, salt-free pretzels. They love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.