• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Random question alert!

Hipcricket

Strolling the yard
Random question alert! Just wondering, do people leave radio or tv on for their birds when they go out? I have to go to Dr. appointment and apart from very short trips to corner shops etc. I’ve not left Babalooey Blue home alone! He’s safely housed in his new flight cage and has food/water/toys etc. But do I turn off everything? Or play soft music? Just curious! What do you do when you have to go out for a few hours?? Many thanks!
Andrea (Hipcricket) and Babalooey Blue. 3933AF16-7473-4F70-8981-BC0AA1BBFDD6.jpeg

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
I usually leave on different kinds of music or a ‘parrot tv’ video. This one is one I use pretty often.

My cockatiel definitely can’t make any of the big guy sounds on there but it keeps her busy while I’m out! :D

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've not had to contemplate this, thanks to COVID. I'm home most of the time. Interesting idea!

Sunni Tiel

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
The parrot TV works great for entertainment while I'm away, and the parrot noises keep him company.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I always leave either the TV or radio on for them. TV if they are downstairs. TV if they're upstairs.
I leave 1 or the other. Something so they don't feel alone.

I know of mention here, talk radio works out for some better than music. My Dad was an Audiophile so I leave music or older TV for Buddy as I know this makes him (personally) more relaxed. You'll kearn in time what Babaloey likes best as you go in and out based on his demeanor. Each floof has their own tastes like us :without8ball::8ballno::cntprdct:crazy bird people. :laughin:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I leave music on for my birds when I’m not home. Actually, I have music on all day long regardless because it helps with them getting skittish when it’s too quiet.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
My flock has the radio on every day, and they prefer easy-listening. On the odd occasion I've forgotten I find them waking up and stretching when I come home. It's natural for birds to be more active when there's other sounds, in nature silence means danger.

Hipcricket

Strolling the yard
My flock has the radio on every day, and they prefer easy-listening. On the odd occasion I've forgotten I find them waking up and stretching when I come home. It's natural for birds to be more active when there's other sounds, in nature silence means danger.
Right! Of course it does. Never thought of it that way. Makes sense tho. I was just thinking about him feeling lonesome. So far he seems to prefer the Travelling Wiburies to any of the blues I favor. lol

Gigibirds

I have a Spotify playlist specifically for my birds! :D They seem to love it, so I to to leave something playing for them whenever I leave :)

Britnicorn

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
My budgie LOVES Opera or Orchestra music. He hates any other sounds/music coming from my computer. He's never minded the silence though, and luckily with my siblings in the house he has gotten used to the banging and yelling, so it doesn't bother him

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Buddy loves 50's 60's 70's classic rock. Current & some country rock. He also loves some alternative pip with a particular fondness of Billie Eilish :shrug2: Why but suspect it's the actual instrumentals in it & my daughter thinks so too! He loves female vocals even though his 1st owner was a man. So I say spin the dial, you'll figure it out.

& I feel this, if you enjoy it.... They probably will too! There are not many members here that do not @ minimum, listen w/ their birds but many of us sing & dance w/ them too! When you're relaxed they are too... They know our moods & it affects them both positively & negatively. If your there ever listening they are too which will make it more interesting & pleasing to them when you are not! Remember they're always watching us... Always!