• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Random photo dump

Rekillkos

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Toby Stephens
random photo dump of some of my birds. Hopefully you all enjoy, I’d love to talk to anyone about these guys

Attachments

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Well I'm new, and don't know any of their stories! And I'd love to hear about each one.

But especially your quakers! I've got 3 myself!

weeping

Moving in
Wow beautiful birds!!! Is the second image a Roo? also YOUR BABY EMU!!!!! We've been looking into hatching one as well

RatKave

Strolling the yard
It's the one for holding a society finch? I have one too. His name is Granite.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Um, I don't know how to tell you this, but one of those chicks around the feeder is a little different than the others. :embarassed:

That's quite an assortment of adorableness in one pic. Right down to the tiny white floof going bottoms up in the bowl! :laugh: :swoon:

Sodapop&Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Cute babies! Is that baby emu (?) bleeding from his neck though? Or is that not a wound ??

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Nice pics of your fids :)

Rekillkos

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Toby Stephens
Cute babies! Is that baby emu (?) bleeding from his neck though? Or is that not a wound ??
Haha nope, it’s his collar actually, it has my phone number and such on it because he’s prone to escaping ;)

Rekillkos

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Toby Stephens
Um, I don't know how to tell you this, but one of those chicks around the feeder is a little different than the others. :embarassed:

That's quite an assortment of adorableness in one pic. Right down to the tiny white floof going bottoms up in the bowl! :laugh: :swoon:
That’s Luna, she goes all in whenever it’s treat/food time :)

Rekillkos

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Toby Stephens
Wow beautiful birds!!! Is the second image a Roo? also YOUR BABY EMU!!!!! We've been looking into hatching one as well
Second image is a cock Chinese golden pheasant, they’re amazing birds but it does take a while for them to get this colorful. And you should- I got my little guy after he was a few weeks old so it took a bit longer to bond with him, I bet if you hatched one he’d be your buddy right off the bat

Rekillkos

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Toby Stephens
Well I'm new, and don't know any of their stories! And I'd love to hear about each one.

But especially your quakers! I've got 3 myself!
Quakers are I think my very favorite parrots, eventually I want to start a breeding colony and breed every single color. :)

the guy on the green perch is a falconry bird, his name is Crash and he’s an American kestrel. Next is my Chinese golden pheasant, I haven’t thought of a good name for him yet haha. And the two Quaker’s are Billie and Baby, baby came from an abusive household where he lived for 17 years, and he’s already doing so much better since I got him. The next ones are my pigeons, and I love them to bits. The red and white one is an Indian fantail, they have such fun personalities, and I love to watch them fly. Next the little guy is a male button quail, he lives in an indoor aviary with my finches, they’re so cute.

And finally Nero, the black billed magpie. I was fishing one day and noticed a magpie nest as I was getting the boat in the water, but I didn’t think anything of it other than wondering what kind of birds or even squirrels the nest belonged to. Then a little while later, probably an
Hour after getting into the water I notice a red tailed hawk ripping apart the nest and digging out the babies. It sucked to see, but I couldn’t do anything about it. Then as he was flying kind of overhead with the last magpie chick in his talons, a bald Eagle came and tried to knock him out of the sky to get the chick he had, but during the scuffle he ended up dropping the chick which fell into the water probably 10-15’ away from my boat. So I hurried on over to where he fell in and fished him out, and to my surprise he was alive still! He had a lot of cuts and scrapes, but after grabbing him I hurried and took him to the car to warm up, and took him home after. I have a wildlife rehabilitation permit as well as a general class falconry permit, and so after asking around and checking out the laws I decided I would keep him. I built a large mews for him, and he’s been so fun. He is free flighted, and extremely intelligent. He’s on a diet of quail eggs, high protein dog food, pinky mice, fresh fruits and vegetables, seeds and nuts, and live insects. Every meal he gets is fed with a puzzle feeder, and he loves puzzle toys. He also loves shiny toys, I find that crinkly cat toys are his favorite:)

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Neros story is especially amazing ❤! So glad you were in the right place at the right time!

RatKave

Strolling the yard
That’s awesome, most of mine aren’t hand tame at all but this one will fly to me once in a while, her name is Blondie
Granite not hand takes but he's okay with me putting my hand in the cage. He's always the first to try something new or bathe.

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Nice pics :)

Gimby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katie Denski
Quite a variety! They are all beautiful! And look very happy. You have a number of friends there too cool :)