• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Random parrot in the garden??

Ciel

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ciel
Hey guys! I have a morning routine of letting my birds get some sun from the garden. Today I noticed another bird staring at my cockatiel and they were interacting but it kept a very long distance so I wasn’t able to see it well.. any idea what it could be? I put some food out for it and went back inside B0E0DE7C-0717-4746-AF49-F6693FFB997F.png 8B9FD0A1-1E83-4DE8-9933-CAB6EB45F35A.png C3E8F955-7686-446C-BAFA-9A8B9D412895.png

Ciel

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ciel
I was thinking it might be an indian ringneck mutation because of the lont tail but I couldn’t see it very well

Reactions: mak

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Looks like an IRN. Where in the world are you? There are some feral flocks in Europe, particularly in the UK.

ChronicHal

Meeting neighbors
Definitely looks like an IRN. As Tka said there are sometimes feral flocks but if that isn't a thing in your area check local lost pet pages.

Reactions: Ali

Ciel

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ciel
Looks like an IRN. Where in the world are you? There are some feral flocks in Europe, particularly in the UK.
I live in the middle east!! (Kurdistan) We don’t have wild parrots I am sure it’s someones

Ciel

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ciel
Definitely looks like an IRN. As Tka said there are sometimes feral flocks but if that isn't a thing in your area check local lost pet pages.
That’s what I was thinking but it was too far to say something... it looks like a mutation too so i am sure it belongs to someone, i live in a mountainous area so god knows where it could’ve come from

mak

Rollerblading along the road
There are feral IRNs in the middle east. (I don't know about your specific area.)

Ciel

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ciel
There are feral IRNs in the middle east. (I don't know about your specific area.)
I meant not the area I live in, they’re common in pet stores though but I’ve never seen wild ferals.. I’ll try to look for anyone with a lost ringneck in the area

ChronicHal

Meeting neighbors
That’s what I was thinking but it was too far to say something... it looks like a mutation too so i am sure it belongs to someone, i live in a mountainous area so god knows where it could’ve come from
I hope you find the answer!! Let me know.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I may be completely off, but I was thinking off a budgie?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
It is certainly the right shape for a budgie, hard to tell without better detail unfortunately.