• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Random nap

AngyBenji

Moving in
Hello! My cockatiel is 8 months old and very active during the day. Yesterday, however, I noticed she slept the majority of the day but is back to her normal self today. Should I be worried?
Forgive my punctuation.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
My bird often takes a mid day snooze. Depending on what happened the day before, it could be normal.

AngyBenji

Moving in
My bird often takes a mid day snooze. Depending on what happened the day before, it could be normal.
It's normal for Benji to nap but she was asleep at least half the day yesterday and that's what concerned me.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I don't worry about one day usually. But if it becomes a pattern, I would sure make sure that she is able to get restful sleep at night

Tenleigh

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tenleigh
It's normal for Benji to nap but she was asleep at least half the day yesterday and that's what concerned me.
Some birds don’t sleep as much at night, and for them to check up on their sleep is napping during the day. I try to give my cockatiel a safe calming place for him to sleep at night.