• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Random Adorable Pi

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
So, parrots can eat hibiscus!! I will try...
:smileflower:
Make sure it is 100% pesticide free. Do not give any flowers for a florist. Florist flowers are for appearance only.

Last edited:

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
We have so many bottlebrush trees and the budgies almost always have some, no idea if they actually eat them though.

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Oh my goodness! These flower photos are so adorable! :xflove:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
You are guilty.

Of spoiling Mr Pi.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
I swear he gets more and more handsome every day.

I was hoping to see a picture of him wading in the flowers.

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Pi had a good shower. I will need to get my partner to help get a photo of him when he is showering. It is too cute. He prefers showering in my hands as a bowl. Also look at that tail! Even when wet he is my lovely guy.

PXL_20211128_011051949.jpg PXL_20211128_011152482.jpg

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I can't get over how long his tail is! That's so cool.
I know! You would be surprised by his speed in flight. He is also able to turn sharply and everything. When he moults out his tail he seems to struggle turning as sharply, so I think it is more than ornamental. Though when you see a flock of them on the ground together it becomes more apparent what the white tail tips represent; they almost look like a swarm of insects and it is harder to determine individual birds. Really interesting.

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Doing another photo today because something happened that I thought may help some new to plumhead owners in terms of understanding their behaviours.

(Side note: I watched a really badly video on YouTube today that was about plumheads, this person was incorrect on a lot of thing... Like bluffing and referred to plumheads as "frail". They clearly didn't actually know what they were talking about. Anyhow I want to share more of the real traits of these wonderful birds. Understanding is better than assuming they all bluff or are somehow too fragile to behave the way you want.. ridiculous to ever try to control a bird, it is a friendship!)

Sorry for the rant-- back on task

There was something outside that he saw and I didn't. Not sure if it was a bird of prey or something else. The ducks saw it too, as I could see they were also looking up. This is how a plumheads responds to very sincere terror. He freezes and bows. He didn't break eye contact on whatever was scaring him and tucked his beak behind my finger. He started panting but didn't move from this state for a few minutes. Poor little guy :( look at the terror in his eyes. When he is startled by something he will of course fly off, but when it is something very scary this is another way he handles himself. I respect that this is what he needs and let him this time. After he seemed more relaxed he went back to his cage for a nap. I am weirdly flattered that he flew to me to hide on my finger. Poor little birdo. Sometimes there are scary things outside.

PXL_20211128_015845525.jpg

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Doing another photo today because something happened that I thought may help some new to plumhead owners in terms of understanding their behaviours.

(Side note: I watched a really badly video on YouTube today that was about plumheads, this person was incorrect on a lot of thing... Like bluffing and referred to plumheads as "frail". They clearly didn't actually know what they were talking about. Anyhow I want to share more of the real traits of these wonderful birds. Understanding is better than assuming they all bluff or are somehow too fragile to behave the way you want.. ridiculous to ever try to control a bird, it is a friendship!)

Sorry for the rant-- back on task

There was something outside that he saw and I didn't. Not sure if it was a bird of prey or something else. The ducks saw it too, as I could see they were also looking up. This is how a plumheads responds to very sincere terror. He freezes and bows. He didn't break eye contact on whatever was scaring him and tucked his beak behind my finger. He started panting but didn't move from this state for a few minutes. Poor little guy :( look at the terror in his eyes. When he is startled by something he will of course fly off, but when it is something very scary this is another way he handles himself. I respect that this is what he needs and let him this time. After he seemed more relaxed he went back to his cage for a nap. I am weirdly flattered that he flew to me to hide on my finger. Poor little birdo. Sometimes there are scary things outside.

View attachment 398033
Aww bless his heart,he knew you would protect him.