• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Random Adorable Pi

TikkiTembo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chelsea
Beautiful! Is Pi a plum headed parakeet?

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Beautiful! Is Pi a plum headed parakeet?
That is exactly right :) he is an adolescent. I am very excited for his adult plumage only another 1-2 more years away! :xflove: and I am sure once he has it I will miss his baby colours.

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
One of the best times in the day. After a day of flying laps around the house, talking, chirping and getting into birdie mischief you can relax in your cage.

I love that he is comfortable with the door open, preening looking out of the window. He chose that spot to chill, it is a good spot! :swoon:

IMG_7669.JPG

Followed by a little more stick chewing, and a little more flying :heart2:

IMG_7673.JPG

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
They are soooooooo cuuuuttttttte

Beasley

Real Name
Maggie Beasley
Aaaw look at them being buddies! So adorable :cloud9:

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Aaaw look at them being buddies! So adorable :cloud9:
I love it when they flock! I think it encourages them to fly more, which is always a plus. It is very interesting how the dynamics work. Pi has a super sweet nature, very gregarious. Though he doesn't like it when Picard causes drama, and he will chase him away. When Picard is calm, Pi tolerates him. Though my silly potato Neptune and Pi have become pretty good friends. Neptune tries feeding him all the time and Pi just watches him when this face like, "oh you silly little bird." I will try and get a photo of that..because it is perfect!

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh my goodness they're so cute & :hybaby: flocking. Buddy being a sole bird did a flock type of thing today, he flew to me. He's flown looking for me 2 times but today he found me. My Step Dad was over & Buddy went thru his really majorly mad honking fit because I didn't just get up & pick him up. Then out of no where, he took off flew thru my living room & circled (panicked) in my dining room. I put my arm up & said fly to Mommy & he sucessfully landed on my arm. I was over the top happy that he made it & landed on me. Other times in our living area he'd choose his cage over me! He flew to me tons of times before but in a single room "controlled" situation. Not never leaving his "nest". I was over the top excited to be a good enough flock member to be "chosen".

Sorry I had to share w/ someone who I knew would just "get it". Sorry for hijacking your beautiful Pi pic thread!:bliss:That is how I felt!!!

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Pi is in his second major molt with me. He lost his ornamental tail during the night and his new one is coming in. He looks so weird without his standard two long blue feathers. I have been calling him Mr.StumpyButt all day :p

IMG_7750.JPG

Now oddly the new tail tips have a yellow hue, they should be white... you can see the tiny new ones peeking out at the base of his tail. His old tail had white. Yellow is present in some mutations, but he is a standard green guy. Hopefully it is just the lighting since they are above the normal yellow tail feathers. Will keep an eye on them as they grow. I am getting overly worried, looking up birds with fatty liver and kidney illnesses. He really doesn't have those symptoms, I think I am just being a worry wart.

IMG_7754.JPG

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He's beautiful & your worrying! When's the next wellness for Mr. Stumpy Butt? Can they change as they age?

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
He's beautiful & your worrying! When's the next wellness for Mr. Stumpy Butt? Can they change as they age?
We are going in sometime in Jan. His tail tip colour shouldn't change. Head and shoulders yes! Tail, nope! His tail should get longer and more vivid but should stay white.

Today it is looking much whiter. So I think it was the lighting. He isn't a bird that likes body touch so I didn't want to invade his butt for this yet. He seems to be a healthy little dude and I am very pleased with his acceptance of veggies, flowers and fruits.

He was watching his favourite video today.

20191230_162146.jpg

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm glad it appears to be the lighting. I forget which types of bird change colors & where on their bodies. I've got to try to remember head & wings... I know that many change as they hit teen/adulthood.

You take such good care of your fids & they have such a good playground! All your pics are showing them in such natural conditions that if I couldn't see the windows & walls I'd think they were outside. You have much love for them, it shows!

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
We make all the gyms and stands :) my partner does the lashing with natural untreated twine. All the messy knots are me...adding random things that I think they might love or a branch I find on a walk. I saw a talk by Rosemary Low which really inspired me. I am also lucky and have parrot habitat all around me, so lots of good branch options. We can always do more for our birds.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I wish I could walk into my yard to grab & share. I live on a busy street & there's always dust & exhaust on my house. I can only imagine on my trees. He loves his nest playground & seems to be happy w/ it because he hasn't known anything else. Since he sleeps in his travel cage I just spent about $50 on rope perches for his Nest cage. In & out, if he was sleeping in there I'd have to re-think or wrap in vet tape. Over the summer, not thinking about a grooved PVC perch & 13 hrs a day, in the travel cage he started the beginning of what appeared "could of" turned into a pressure sore. I caught it by happen stance... That's always got gauze & vet wrap on it now.

His big cage had a straight dowel in it which is what he lived on before I got him. 25 years of that & floof's feet start to become more suseptable to sores. I have a young Zon who has a Senior body because he had all he needed to only:
not chew the house,
starve,

There were no annual vet visits (that I found), called every vet. No "healthy" food, all seed diet. No flying, less than 10 feet from front door, no barrier. Lived in & on cage, no play area, no travel cage. Sad that my Dad didn't take the time to "care more" for Buddy. I know he loved him, but I'm not sure that he had the where for all, to have a pet. I'm pretty sure my G'parents never had pets so my Dad was probably never taught the right way (my Mom taught me).

I think he's come a long way. Maybe some day I can have a big "real bird world" play area for him. If not then lotsa "unreal bird world" things, as much as I can fit in our home.

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
@Rain Bow Hey it just takes a few baby steps and then Buddy will be ready for more. He did fly remember! He will find himself :swoon: :bliss:

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Yesterday evening Pi discovered the ever exotic strawberry tree. He started narrating his tale **in the voice of David Attenborough** --Strawberry trees are sometimes found within the suburban landscape. As we can see here they seem to come into bloom in the presence of humans. If we just wait a few moments we will witness the blossom. The human moves, and there, there, you see the majesty of the strawberry tree. We shall visit this site again to see if we can enjoy the splendor again, but for now I think I shall just take one more bite.

View attachment 322099

View attachment 322100

And maybe just one more...nom nom nom

View attachment 322101
Hmmmm, I like that idea of using a stick twig to put strawberry on. I usually put mine on a skewer, but my bird won't touch it on the skewer.