• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Raising a baby quaker.

mjha

Checking out the neighborhood
Hello ppl,
this is my first post here. Recently got a baby Quaker(5 wk old) currently hand feeding him/her (experienced in hand feeding as i have raised English Budgie baby's from last 6yrs) this is my first parrot and want to know what all care need to be taken. currently feeding 20cc three times a day, and stays in a brooder most of the bay and kids have made a playpen out of box so they can interact with him/her. At what age i shd start offering pallets, fruits and greens.?? what age he/she will have all the feather and can fly. What age i can get the DNA test and first avian vet chick up. Attached is the pic of my lill feathered frn

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
:bump7:

PufF

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Sam Chan
Offer foods like pellets and etc when she (just using since we don't know) is ready.Usually she will tell you by wanting to peck at stuff but usually around 6/7 weeks maybe (and about fully feathered)?Vet visits I would suggest three months?No expert on this though.
Flying again depends but is around 6/7 too.When she starts wing flapping you should be expecting flight.
And a few questions.Is your house bird proofed?Is there any telfon pans etc?Do you use essential oils/candles of any sort?