• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rainbow lorikeet needs home

cheesynquacker

Moving in
Real Name
laurie
I would post here since you guys are more likely experienced lori owners. I didn't want to do this, but I have a 4 year old rainbow lorikeet male that needs a new home. He is free to a good home that is experienced with lorikeets. He is not overly tame but will let me gently scratch his nape/head. He does not like to be handled at all, but he may step up if you present your finger, or he may bite depending on his mood. If anyone is near the Pittsburgh PA area and is interested, please email me at cheesynquackers@sbcglobal.net

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Bump.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I hope you find a good home for him. I live in Pittsburgh. I will ask around and see if anyone I know if looking for a lorikeet. They're such pretty birds.

cheesynquacker

Moving in
Real Name
laurie
Thank you sunnysmom. I have had a few people interested that wanted me to ship, and I really an uncertain about that. But I want him to have a good home with an experienced lory owner.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I would post here since you guys are more likely experienced lori owners. I didn't want to do this, but I have a 4 year old rainbow lorikeet male that needs a new home. He is free to a good home that is experienced with lorikeets. He is not overly tame but will let me gently scratch his nape/head. He does not like to be handled at all, but he may step up if you present your finger, or he may bite depending on his mood. If anyone is near the Pittsburgh PA area and is interested, please email me at cheesynquackers@sbcglobal.net
I'm not sure if you've tried here, but PEARL is based in Pittsburgh and may be able to help you. PEARL Parrot Rescue | Pittsburgh

WallyLoopey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
I have rainbow lorikeets and would love another, but I’m pretty far away- Alabama/northwest Florida line.

My husband would definitely not go for driving that far.

cheesynquacker

Moving in
Real Name
laurie
Hi Peachfaced, I am familiar with PEARL and they are a rescue organization. I want this little guy to have a home, so they really would not be an option for me. Thanks though.
And hi to WallyLoopey. Wish you were closer.

cheesynquacker

Moving in
Real Name
laurie
Also thought I would add that I am told he is a swainsons rainbow lorikeet. I did not realize there were specific subspecies.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Hi Peachfaced, I am familiar with PEARL and they are a rescue organization. I want this little guy to have a home, so they really would not be an option for me. Thanks though.

If you need info about shipping, several of us have experience. It's really not bad. You can ship via airline for about $125, and they are really careful with the bird(s).

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I'm not sure I understand why they wouldn't be an option? They take in birds and find new homes for them. What are your reservations with PEARL?

cheesynquacker

Moving in
Real Name
laurie
Hi Peachfaced, I am not saying anything bad about PEARL. It's just that they are a rescue group for birds and not a home. I am not trying to get rid of this guy as soon as possible. I want to find him a good home. Thank you though.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Hi Peachfaced, I am not saying anything bad about PEARL. It's just that they are a rescue group for birds and not a home. I am not trying to get rid of this guy as soon as possible. I want to find him a good home. Thank you though.
I volunteer with PEARL. There's such a thing called a home to home adoption where the bird stays with you but PEARL can help find a home. Just an idea. There's more info on the website about it.