• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Raiju's flying, and I have a question

Britnicorn

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
I'm not sure how he's suddenly flying because he doesn't have all his flight feathers back, but life finds a way I guess. I'm certainly not complaining!

He's flying the same amount as Phoenix did when Phoenix was first learning to fly. He's able to go around the entire room but he can't stay up for longer than a minute, he's just slowly falling the whole time... I call it falling with style :roflmao:

But whenever he's flying, I hear him make this quiet whimpering sound like he's trying his absolute hardest. This is normal right? I never heard Phoenix whimper when he was learning to fly, but he did pant a lot when he was first learning, so it's the same thing, right? Or should I get him checked out by the vet?

He was zipping around the room for a solid 10 minutes just now, and now he's down for a nap :lol: it's too cute, he's so determined and Phoenix encourages him so much

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I cant really advise apart from if you have any concerns maybe limit the time he can fly until someone can offer more insight just to be on the safe side

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Wow, good hes starting to fly.

I'm sure its harder to fly wo all his flights & he's not used to flying to as with all things you don;t use for a while his muscles need to get back in shape & sure it will be easier when he has all his flights.

Just observe & monitor as hopefully its just normal til he builds up stamina.

Birbs4ever

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Matthis Baudouin
That can happen to every Bird. If his wings are clipped there was probably an air source or he just taught himself to fly:excited1:.

Britnicorn

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
That can happen to every Bird. If his wings are clipped there was probably an air source or he just taught himself to fly:excited1:.
He definitely taught himself, he's spent weeks flapping his wings like crazy in the cage and attempting to fly with Phoenix. Now he's starting to be able to catch up :D

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
With his clipped wings he has to work harder to fly. If he recovers quickly after he flies, I would just watch him. If it seems to take a while for him to recover then definitely have him seen. All my birds usually make noise when they fly but mine are screeching with joy.