• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Raijū won’t stop grabbing Phoenix’s tail

Britnicorn

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
Raijū won’t stop grabbing Phoenix’s tail. It is 100% an attention seeking thing, just from watching him do it I can tell. Phoenix will be busy doing something else (eating, preening, etc) and won’t look up to Raijū, so Raijū walks behind him and grabs his tail. The tables have turned!

He has been doing this for a couple of months now. I never stepped in because Phoenix can tell him off just fine. But lately Raijū has been doing it way more often, and making Phoenix cry. Phoenix is a drama king, he cries if I even accidentally touch his tail, but it’s getting to the point where Phoenix seems scared of Raijū and avoids him most of the time. His tail is also becoming frayed at the end because of how much Raijū grabs it.

This all happens out of the cage, I’ve never seen it happen in the cage. There’s no consistent situation when it happens either, I’ve seen it when Phoenix was eating, preening, playing, basically whenever he isn’t giving his attention to Raijū

Should I step in and start telling Raijū no? Or just let Phoenix keep handling it?

GreenThing

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Kat
I don't know, a few months ago Percy used to bully Merlin into doing or not doing whatever he wanted, but Merlin has flown at him feet-first a few times now and really put him in his place, and now Percy is cautious about certain situations. I think it is just natural flock adjustment.

I have intervened in tail-pulling once or twice when the screaming budgie is clearly in a compromised, awkward position (you know, the best time to bite your sibling's tail), but I don't think I need to, I just react to the tortured scream instinctively. :hilarious:

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mojo used to occasionally grab KiKis tail i left them to it unless a full on scrap occured, they both do it to each other now.
I would leave them to it unless they start fighting.