• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rabbit Rescue Looking For Foster Families in NY

DesertBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I work as a foster for a bunny rescue organization, called T.H.E Rabbit Resource, located in New York. A lot of rabbits have just come in, and we don't have enough fosters to take them all! We need people to open their hearts and their homes to help the abused and neglected bunnies that are being rescued. Can you help?
You can check out T.H.E Rabbit Resource's website here: http://www.therabbitresource.org/

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Aww I hope they get enough people stepping forward to help :)

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
agreed, if its allowed could you post some pics of the sweet bun buns? I hope they aren't homeless for too long

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
If I was in NY, I would love to do it. I hope you find some people who can help.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Our local rabbit rescue is desperate also. They’ve got a waiting list that’s pretty long.

I suppose the people who got bunnies for the cute Easter pics are tired of them now.:sad14:

DesertBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hi, sorry I never replied. I didn't get notifications for some reason.
@MR. Mango, yes, I can post come pics of the bunnies available for adoption right now. I won't post all of them because there are a lot right now.

This is Basil. The actually has some babies at the moment!

1624121048567.png

This is Otis.
1624121161335.png

This one is Waldo.
1624121193627.png

This is a bonded pair. Bean and Luna.
1624121253093.png

@finchly, yes, this time of year is especially bad for bunnies. So many people get rabbits for Easter, and then dump them. Just the other day a bunny was rescued from a trailer park where he was dumped. I was actually supposed to be getting him to foster, but then we realized he's very sick, so he went to the woman who runs the rescue. She takes care of all the sick and injured rabbits.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Luna looks like my Cincinnati (at the bridge)!! She needs an extra special home! And I love how Basil looks; good name too. :xflove:

DesertBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love Otis.
Luna looks like my Cincinnati (at the bridge)!! She needs an extra special home! And I love how Basil looks; good name too. :xflove:
They really are super cute, right? I don't understand how people could just dump them or neglect them. It's really sad. :(
I adopted one of the bunnies I fostered. His name is Chili. His owners had him locked up in a little cage for months. They never let him out. He was skinny, and had an injury on his nose. His muscles were so weak, he couldn't run or hop. He is the sweetest, most playful bunny now.

Hermesbird

Real Name
Cat
Oh my heart melted. And the baby’s! I’m in Long Island and would love to foster. But I’m in an apartment building and idk if it would be good. Plus my 2 little dogs and the little birdy unless they could share a room with the bird?
* not the doggies. The bunny and bird lol wanted to clarify

DesertBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh my heart melted. And the baby’s! I’m in Long Island and would love to foster. But I’m in an apartment building and idk if it would be good. Plus my 2 little dogs and the little birdy unless they could share a room with the bird?
* not the doggies. The bunny and bird lol wanted to clarify
Well, I don't know what your set up looks like, but a bunny could probably share a room with the bird. If fostering doesn't work for you though, we do always need people to help transport bunnies.

BirdG1rl

Real Name
Mara M.M
I am a lover of bunnies. Who can't fall for their floppy ears and wiffly noses? :awww:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I am a lover of bunnies. Who can't fall for their floppy ears and wiffly noses? :awww:
And they’re so SMART. Yesterday one of mine was eating from a cup I was holding. But I daydreamed and slowly lifted it too high. He put his paws on it and pushed down until it was in the right place again!

BirdG1rl

Real Name
Mara M.M
My grandma has bunnies-about 6 of them and they are just beautiful floofballs! I also agree with you, finchly. I have seen so many documentaries and videos where bunnies can be trained to poop in specific litter trays and do tricks like dogs! Just precious! :heart:

DesertBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
And they’re so SMART. Yesterday one of mine was eating from a cup I was holding. But I daydreamed and slowly lifted it too high. He put his paws on it and pushed down until it was in the right place again!
They are really smart! Chili knows his name, and comes running when I call him.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
My grandma has bunnies-about 6 of them and they are just beautiful floofballs! I also agree with you, finchly. I have seen so many documentaries and videos where bunnies can be trained to poop in specific litter trays and do tricks like dogs! Just precious! :heart:
Mine use a litter pan. We don’t have any tricks though. Not yet.