• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rabbit problem

Aves

Rollerblading along the road
So in my sig you can see I have rabbits. One of them has really long teeth but its teeth got trimmed by a vet a few days ago. And she doesn't chew on any wood or anything like that. I don't really like rabbits but I figured I should ask you guys. Any advice?

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
What does your bunny eat? Hay should be apart of their diet and it help keep the teeth down.

Aves

What does your bunny eat? Hay should be apart of their diet and it help keep the teeth down.
Only pellets and fruit basically. She doesn't eat any hay except for a few strands here and there.

BirdWorld

Hay is pretty important for a rabbit’s diet. She’s should also have toys to chew on and keep her busy. Having toys is also important because if she gets bored she may start over grooming which can result in hairballs which are sometimes fatal. Can I ask why you got rabbits if you “don’t really like them”?

budgieluv3

Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
Do rabbits need assorted greens? ( I saw it in a video, I don’t have rabbits just trying to help.)

Miss Annamarie

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
Hi! I saw you said pellets and fruit! What brand of pellet is it? Fruit should really only be treats, vegetables should be offered daily and hay should always be available even if she isn't really eating it. Try to limit the pellets, unless she's over 8lbs, 1/4-1/2 cup should only be fed per day and that will help encourage eating hay. Hay is the mai source of teeth wear, try mixing in different types of hay as well

Bear has the same problem with his teeth! He really loves apple tree sticks! You can get some online or at your petstore. Willow balls and braided hay sticks work well too! Bear really likes chewing on sea grass mats.

Aves

Hay is pretty important for a rabbit’s diet. She’s should also have toys to chew on and keep her busy. Having toys is also important because if she gets bored she may start over grooming which can result in hairballs which are sometimes fatal. Can I ask why you got rabbits if you “don’t really like them”?
I'm sorry if I confused you they are actually not mine I just wanted to help.
Hi! I saw you said pellets and fruit! What brand of pellet is it? Fruit should really only be treats, vegetables should be offered daily and hay should always be available even if she isn't really eating it. Try to limit the pellets, unless she's over 8lbs, 1/4-1/2 cup should only be fed per day and that will help encourage eating hay. Hay is the mai source of teeth wear, try mixing in different types of hay as well

Bear has the same problem with his teeth! He really loves apple tree sticks! You can get some online or at your petstore. Willow balls and braided hay sticks work well too! Bear really likes chewing on sea grass mats.
Oxbow. I never thought of to use seagrass mats! Thank you!
Thanks everyone!