• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

R.I.P Natu 2017-2019

Apache4831

Moving in
I used to own a green cheeked conure, Natu, who was always by my side and stuck to me like glue. he was a good bird, but he only loved me, and he would bite and chase down my dad and my sister, tolerated grandma, just used to try to rip her jewelry to pieces, he moved cross country with me (MI to TX) where he stayed for roughly 2 ish years, in December, when I closed the door to my room, I heard a shriek, I Wasnt paying attention to him, and his neck snapped by the force of the door, blood seeping through his names, he was only responsive for 2 more minutes, before passing.

I know this was my fault, I should've paid attention, his birthday was in 3 more months, when he would've been three, and he was a very healthy baby, I still miss him every day, and I wake up, without the sound of his morning screech. I still am very guilty of an accident that could've been prevented if I was just a tad bit more careful. I'm sorry Natu, I miss you Natu

Attachments

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I'm so sorry that you lost Natu. It's always hardest when we feel we we responsible for their passing. Try to keep in mind that you did not do it on purpose. I'm sure that Natu has forgiven you - he's now flying high and free forever.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So sorry for your loss.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so very sorry that you lost your sweet friend. I know it’s hard, but try to forgive yourself. If you are able, maybe rescuing a bird in need would help ease your sorrow.
:sadhug2:

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Oh I'm so very sorry. I can hear the pain in your post. As sweet Mary Lynn said above - it would be harder for you to deal with in this instance. Again, I'm so sorry, and we are all here for you because we know how hard it is to lose our birds. :sadhug2:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.

BaileyAnne

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kayla King
I'm so sorry for your loss :hug5::sadhug2:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I am so very sorry for your loss fly free little one

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I'm so sorry you've lost your little buddy.

Tilly123

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Chrissie
I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my beloved Amazon in November due to an accident. He was 17 years old and had been with me since he was 4 months. It is still very hard. I too have guilt and I miss him everyday. I just try to take one day at a time. I try to remember that he had a happy life. I'm sure Natu did too. I have rescued two parrots since. Whilst it doesn't take the hurt away it does take the edge off it and they have a happy life now. My thoughts are with you.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I used to own a green cheeked conure, Natu, who was always by my side and stuck to me like glue. he was a good bird, but he only loved me, and he would bite and chase down my dad and my sister, tolerated grandma, just used to try to rip her jewelry to pieces, he moved cross country with me (MI to TX) where he stayed for roughly 2 ish years, in December, when I closed the door to my room, I heard a shriek, I Wasnt paying attention to him, and his neck snapped by the force of the door, blood seeping through his names, he was only responsive for 2 more minutes, before passing.

I know this was my fault, I should've paid attention, his birthday was in 3 more months, when he would've been three, and he was a very healthy baby, I still miss him every day, and I wake up, without the sound of his morning screech. I still am very guilty of an accident that could've been prevented if I was just a tad bit more careful. I'm sorry Natu, I miss you Natu
It's never easy. We tend to back track the past and wonder if I should have done this, or I should have checked that, but we can beat our selves up about it and get no where.
I've lost 5 over the years, one unexpectedly fell ill and passed, the others from old age. I think of them often, they were some of the best birds I ever owned. I've learned to cherish the memories, and know they had a wonderful and happy life with me. Makes me love the others I have even more. My grey took it rough for a couple weeks when his best buddy passed. So he got special love from me to help him along.

AmberC

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Amber
so sad... I lost my dog in a dramatic way too...