• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

quite blind

simon777

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Iliel
mum has just figured out that I am quite blind. I need to know when she is moving around the house so I don't have a moving something in the way when I am flying. I prefer to fly when I know she is sitting in her chair. I like my food/drinks tray to have everything in it's same place all the time so I can find what I want. I use my beak to checkout where I want to walk and climb. I have adapted so well that mum didn't realise until I kept crying because I couldn't find my honey water. I have no problems flying because I know where everything is. mum thinks it is probably from when I was very sick last year with heavy metal poisoning. when that happened I had been living with dad for a long time. the vet/doctor said I could have nerve damage and that it may be permanent. when I was at the vet hospital I was completely blind and couldn't walk (my feet were clubbed) but I could move using my wings. mum said she didn't care how handicapped I was, she wanted me alive and home again living with her. my mum saved my life because the vet/doctor suggested I should be put to sleep because he didn't think I cold get better. he was wrong, with mum's 24 hour care and love I pulled though and I am a very happy boy.

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Bless you both

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I am so happy to hear you are unconditionally loved by your Mum! You are a lucky boy and you and your mum sound like quite the team :)

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
:hug8: