• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Quiet...

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Usually when I let everyone out for some flight time they are quick to start calling and whizzing around the room. But today they all decided to sit around and watch me clean cages... o_O

In case anyone wonders, Jaime was out too but he was on my shoulder. Adélie was in her home, she doesn't get much flight time with everyone else, especially the Blue team.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
They are so cute! ❤

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They are adorable! I don't know how I ever resisted having a lovie!
My Gigi had a very loud response to the video. Not quiet at all. :)

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I don't know how I ever resisted having a lovie!
I don´t know either. I saw these birds and fell in love! When I brought my first lovebird home, he was so sweet and grew into such a beautiful, confident and loving bird. Now, he is getting snugglier as the years go by.
I don´t think there will be a day in my life that I don´t have a lovebird in my family :)

My Gigi had a very loud response to the video. Not quiet at all. :)
I´m glad Gigi liked the video :loveshower:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
In addition to being adorable they look quite social. Maybe they want a Lovie party!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
They are adorable.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
It's too bad Adélie and Sydney haven't become friends. Although maybe he's just a loner, I can understand that :cool: Aoife is in bed and called out when she heard your birds!

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
The problems lie more with Adelie. I think she doesn´t realise she is a bird. It´s really sad to see how aggressive she is towards everyone. When I let her out with the flock, she starts kamikazeing towards the nearest bird to attack them. I have to stick with her to make sure no one gets hurt.

Sydney on the other hand is polite with all the birds as long as they don´t get in his face.... or touch his duck.

Adelie gets more flight time with Sydney than with her own family because it is easier for me and Adelie doesn´t care, she dislikes everyone equally, Sydney is happy with double flight time. Everyone is happy.
I catch Sydney and Adelie watching each other from their cages quite often, so you never know.... :)

Aoife is in bed and called out when she heard your birds!
That´s so sweet :joyful:

aqualover9

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Adriana
Awww! Lovebirds feathers just have something special about them! The gradients are so smooth. :heart:

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
They are lovely :)

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
The problems lie more with Adelie. I think she doesn´t realise she is a bird. It´s really sad to see how aggressive she is towards everyone. When I let her out with the flock, she starts kamikazeing towards the nearest bird to attack them. I have to stick with her to make sure no one gets hurt.

Sydney on the other hand is polite with all the birds as long as they don´t get in his face.... or touch his duck.

Adelie gets more flight time with Sydney than with her own family because it is easier for me and Adelie doesn´t care, she dislikes everyone equally, Sydney is happy with double flight time. Everyone is happy.
I catch Sydney and Adelie watching each other from their cages quite often, so you never know.... :)

That´s so sweet :joyful:
I have a similar situation with my birds, Aoife of course dislikes the other birds so she flies alone. All the boys are out together but aren't flying yet. I imagine flight time is easier when they're all flighted. Ie it's safer because they can get away easily. Caspar is going to be next, he's got two new full flight feathers on each wing!

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Yes, much easier. Don´t be fooled into thinking my birds never bicker, they do. Even my bonded pairs bicker. They do in the wild too. They have a little disagreement over something and one will fly further down the branch, the same happens in my home.
Adelie doesn´t bicker with anyone, she fights. And the problem with that is that my birds being flighted doesn´t help anyone because no one backs down to her and Adelie is fearless!
But yes, it´s easier in a sense that no one gets hurt while bickering :)

How exciting that Caspars feathers are growing! I´m not sure how your birds will get along if one flies and the others don´t.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Emrys is right behind Caspar, they're both molting, and whatever Caspar does, Emrys does. So I'm hoping that once others become flighted their relationships will change.

Aoife is fearless too! I always am watching if anyone is in the room other than her... I've seen her eyeing up the cats! She really thinks she's a pterodactyl! In a 3 inch body!