• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Quick and easy toys

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I just pulled out the supplies to make a few toys to give the bird something new to play with or shred.

I thought I'd share, they're really nothing super special but they do the job, they're colourful and cater to what my birds like and what they are allowed.

These sort of toys really don't last long but the birds do enjoy them for a day or two and the beads and bells can be washed and reused.

IMG_20190712_170110.jpg

IMG_20190712_170122.jpg IMG_20190712_170125.jpg smaller toys for Adélie because she has a shorter cage. A rubber duckie because she won't destroy it/eat it.

IMG_20190712_170159.jpg for Sydney, all the things he likes, card, cardboard, paper bell and a rubber duckie

IMG_20190712_170208.jpg IMG_20190712_174011.jpg shredables for Lapis and Nube, bells, paper, paper straws, no duck because Lapis is a destroyer, so they have the wood branch pieces.

IMG_20190712_170127.jpg IMG_20190712_174023.jpg for Aldora and Jaime, stuff to shred but there's a limit. If I put loads in it sendd Aldora into nest mode so that's why the first toy looks a little puerco. The crinkle paper is for Jaime to give him something to preen.

IMG_20190712_170638.jpg
Yes, she was all over it as soon as I hung it :lol:

What was that? Oh, you wanted to see Sydneys reaction to the toy with the duck???
;)
I moved the toy over after the video so it's closer to the boing and easier to reach.
He wasn't happy that I took the climbing frame from him, but he's enjoying the toy now and I bought him a new swing today so I look forward to giving him that to play with once the duck toy is shredded. :)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
They're really cute!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
adorable toys and babies! :heart:

SummerBerry

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ashlyn
I love these, they're so cute! I've been looking for more diy's anyway lol.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Adorable! :fairy2:

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mama, GIMME THAT DUCK!!!

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Cute! I have some paper tubes like you used on the bottom but couldn't figure out how to use them.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
You could close the ends off so it is more like a box that they have to work on to open.
Also, you could hang it vertically, stuff it and poke holes all over it and wedge treats in the holes ;)

KatelynDeanne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
My budgies seem to like a toy I recently made for them. Id show you but they shredded it! Its one of them cardboard drink carriers from a fast food place. I covered the top of it with shredded paper and treats and enclosed it with cardboard and attatched it to the side of their cage. Good for foraging and fun!
5cb6db1f8064121bf3910642e55ff7e3.jpg Looks like this one.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
My budgies seem to like a toy I recently made for them. Id show you but they shredded it! Its one of them cardboard drink carriers from a fast food place. I covered the top of it with shredded paper and treats and enclosed it with cardboard and attatched it to the side of their cage. Good for foraging and fun!
View attachment 309579 Looks like this one.
I did something like that and my lovebird was afraid of it! :banghead:

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Popsicle sticks are Aoife's favorite. This is nearly destroyed now... And her beak is blue haha 20190709_164352.jpg

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I have a load of popsicle sticks that I´ve dyed with food colouring... but I´m looking how I can make a hole in them without splitting them... I´m going to attempt drilling them as a chunk of them, I don´t know if that will work ...

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I have a load of popsicle sticks that I´ve dyed with food colouring... but I´m looking how I can make a hole in them without splitting them... I´m going to attempt drilling them as a chunk of them, I don´t know if that will work ...
I drill them about 5 at a time, slow speed, with a finger on the top part and a finger below the drill bit. If I don't put pressure on both sides around the drill they split. I've gotten pretty good at it haha she keeps me busy! I've also drilled them in a rubber banded stacks.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Thanks, I´ll give that a go! I was going to band them tight n drill them, so I will be sure to apply some pressure :)

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
Same!! I’ve been holding off doing anything further cuz I know I’m going to split them...hopefully someone has a solution for us :rolleyes:...or if drilling them all at once works please let me know!

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
I drill them about 5 at a time, slow speed, with a finger on the top part and a finger below the drill bit. If I don't put pressure on both sides around the drill they split. I've gotten pretty good at it haha she keeps me busy! I've also drilled them in a rubber banded stacks.
Didn’t see this before my post. Thank you Leih!

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Didn’t see this before my post. Thank you Leih!
Np! I still split some, of course, but I do better with that method. Sometimes I drill them in the center and put them on a wire, a smaller hole is easier to drill.