• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

questions concerning mango and her egg

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaceyRead

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lacey
Hello everyone again
I have noticed over the last day that Mango has stopped paying attention to her egg, the first day (yesterday) I only noticed her sitting on it in the morning time, since then nothing
Tonight when I got home from work it was out of her foraging cup on the cage bottom beside it (not a long fall, it didnt break)

Does this mean she has abandoned it?

Also I have noticed some VERY LARGE poops, is this normal after lovebirds lay an egg?
They do not look like the little mounds of poop below her sleeping perch, it looks like they are all individual poops, very big, kind of curly or wormy, with mucus or slime around the outside (best way I can describe them) wet I guess. Also around her vagina area there is some dry white stuff (maybe poop) I dont know, Is this all normal?

Any info or insight into this would be great, Just want to make sure she is ok!

Thanks in advance!

Marlene

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Real Name
Marlene
I would leave it in her cage a little longer. That way it might discourage her from laying more.;)

My gals always have larger poops when they are laying eggs because they "hold" it longer. Not sure why your girl's are "strange" looking though.

Marlene

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Real Name
Marlene
I hope it's nothing to worry about. Also, good luck. Hope she doesn't lay anymore eggs.

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
Most every kind of bird will not actually sit on their eggs until the second or even third egg are laid.That way they all hatch out closer together!Their Poo's will be different when they are Laying,or sitting-because they hold it in longer and only go a few times a day!
Her bottom could have some mess from when she did sit on the egg! Keep Us posted:hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.