• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Questions about Budgie coming out of the cage and willing to spend time with me!

marso

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Zivan Erdevicki
Hello I have a budgie that isn't scared of me anymore and I can feed her out of my hand also she has a perch outside of the cage that she sometimes sits on. My question is how do I make her want to come out and spend time with me/ make her comfortable with coming out and willing to play. Lastly what are some out of cage activities I can do with her when she is wanting to come out!

Attachments

clarousel

Rollerblading along the road
That's great that she trusts you now! Is she afraid of coming out of the cage?

I think spending time around the cage so she gets used to your presence would really help, and leaving the door open so she can come out if she chooses to. I may be wrong since I'm also new to this but we have to move at the bird's pace rather than our own :) perhaps you can try offering food/treats at the cage door.

I would recommend getting her more comfortable with your hand as a start, so beginning with 'stepping up' and rewarding when she does so. With Preeno, once she was super comfortable with being handled, I moved on to target training next so I could use that to teach other things and it's really useful too!

There are lots of budgie experts here, hopefully they will reply soon!

Reactions: Ali

marso

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Zivan Erdevicki
That's great that she trusts you now! Is she afraid of coming out of the cage?

I think spending time around the cage so she gets used to your presence would really help, and leaving the door open so she can come out if she chooses to. I may be wrong since I'm also new to this but we have to move at the bird's pace rather than our own :) perhaps you can try offering food/treats at the cage door.

I would recommend getting her more comfortable with your hand as a start, so beginning with 'stepping up' and rewarding when she does so. With Preeno, once she was super comfortable with being handled, I moved on to target training next so I could use that to teach other things and it's really useful too!

There are lots of budgie experts here, hopefully they will reply soon!
Thank you very much I am going to do that I always keep her door open too, I am going to hand feed her so she’s more used to it and y’all to her a lot too!