• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Question

Crazy4parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
So Baylee’s new cage it’s on it’s way to my country yay! So my question is how can I make Baylee’s transition to her new cage the easiest way for her to adapt to her new cage?
I will return to my country in 6 days! Cage will arrive in 3 weeks or so.
Her actual cage is smaller than her new cage. So I want her to adapt the easier way to having more space and more toys.

Bookwyrm

Sprinting down the street
When I got Kaladin his flight cage, he just hopped right in and started "helping" me as I set everything up. The transition went super smoothly with him.
I'd suggest putting all of Baylee's current toys and perches and dishes into the new cage, with maybe a few new ones. That way it still feels familiar. If she's really hesitant, maybe try leaving both cages next to each other with the doors open while she's out of her cage. Have food and toys and water in both cages, and maybe leave some treats in an easy to reach place in the new cage to encourage her to play in it.
Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

Gigibirds

Millleetttt!!! (and familiar toys/fav treats/and make sure that you are there watching her get used to it)

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
Can’t wait to see what she will do when she see the space and such. And the new toys!