• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Question

Mandy

Checking out the neighborhood
Hello. I am new here. We just had our pineapple conure put down due to disease. Hardest thing to watch. I was so emotional and not able to ask questions. But I am now wondering, when they put him to sleep, they gave him an injection in his belly. His nose started bleeding when they brought him back. It was terrifying. We held him for a bit, then they took him back and gave him the euthanasia meds and in seconds he was gone. I am so scared that he was in pain? Because of the bleeding? Should he have had a blood nose from being put to sleep?

BirdWorld

Rollerblading along the road
Welcome to the avenue, I am so sorry about your bird. I don’t know why his nose bled but I hope you find an answer :(

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so sorry for your loss
:sadhug2:

Vmax

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vanessa
No idea about the bloody nose, but I can sympathize with the sense of shock and sadness. I am truly sorry for your loss.

Ember-Tiel

Jogging around the block
I'm not sure either, but I'm sorry for your loss. Don't worry too much about it for now, because he will be flying in heaven free from any sort of pain. :heart:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I am very sorry for your loss

DinoStormy

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Emma
Hello. I am new here. We just had our pineapple conure put down due to disease. Hardest thing to watch. I was so emotional and not able to ask questions. But I am now wondering, when they put him to sleep, they gave him an injection in his belly. His nose started bleeding when they brought him back. It was terrifying. We held him for a bit, then they took him back and gave him the euthanasia meds and in seconds he was gone. I am so scared that he was in pain? Because of the bleeding? Should he have had a blood nose from being put to sleep?
Oh my gosh that's so devastating! I'm genuinely sorry for your loss, I'm nearly in tears :(
I hope you figure out why, @Mizzely, do you know?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I've fortunately not had to put a bird down so am unfamiliar with how it looks. They would be very devastating to see :(

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm afraid I have no helpful information to provide you, but I just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss!