• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Question

bosh

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Danielle
Warning: Poo-tography ahead.

As usual, as a new bird mama, I may be worrying too much, but I’d rather be safe than sorry.

My Ekkie boy(hatched November 2019) just passed this dropping about fifteen minutes ago:

71A67ABB-B32C-4373-A4CA-FF21A79092CD.jpeg

The stool itself is dark green, and the liquid portion of the dropping looked clear before being absorbed by the towel. This is the first time I’ve ever seen his stool look like this. His appetite hasn’t changed(he just ate his breakfast about an hour ago), and he’s had good energy - no other changes from his baseline that I can notice at this time. He’s eating mainly fresh veggies(sometimes lightly steamed) and fruits, with some cooked quinoa for added protein, as well as a having very small amount of non-colored pellets available in a separate dish, but he prefers his fruits and veggies.

This dropping just looked different enough from anything I’ve seen out of him since I brought him home about two weeks ago that my anxiety got the better of me. Am I overreacting, and this could have been caused by some of the veggies he ate, or is this cause for alarm?

Thanks!

Monaco

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
Looks okay to me. Did he have a bath today? Monaco's will look odd after a bath, lots of water to feces ratio.

It would be helpful to have an idea of what it usually looks like. What is so different about it?