• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Question RE - rehoming "breeding stock"

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
That....was my literal first thought. My brain was like.....pardon? But by the grace of the universe my mouth said nothing... lol anyway, I trust the grace of the universe and those babes, just werent for us I suppose! (Also weirdly not the first time something similar has happened to me) the first time I actually said - sorry but no, and they spent days communicating with me to convince me that we were "right" for their situation and when I finally was like..i see you're in a tough spot and I don't want your animal to break you they were like nevermind, we sold them. So... :nocomment: lol
Lol- I had the exact same thing happen. Scammers everywhere

NEVRM0RE_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaila
Lol- I had the exact same thing happen. Scammers everywhere
So frustrating. Because in your heart you question like.. is this right for me? And you get guilted into making an impulse decision (at least...this is my experience) and when you finally laccept and agree to help the rules change into something...unfortunate. I thought "bird world" would be... idk maybe.... less dramatic than dog/cat world (which is a ME assumption problem, because statistically birds are more frequently rehomed) but its..the same. Lol guilt to take on problematic situations that other people created because you have a heart...and then the rug gets pulled out and youre like..wait...what? I GUESS the positive spin is that my ...dog/cat rescue experiences taught me boundaries and...more critical thinking skills so I feel like I "can" say No! When someone changes the script!!! If I hadnt been burnt so many times before I MIGHT have dropped thousands on a pair of conures that I intended to retire from breeding. Lol