• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Question on Avi Sunshine factor red palm oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

DebysFids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Deby
I have a Senegal and tonight I gave him a small amount of red palm oil I was wondering if this is ok? I give my Tag a small amount about 1 ml twice a week and she has beautiful shiney healthy feathers so I was thinking I would give him the same so just checking , good idea or bad idea?
and I give hers in a syringe and his to tonight , he took it with no problem and he really seemed to like the taste of it

Jeddy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
I use the Avi Sunshine factor in Bodie's birdie bread. It is suppose to very good for them.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
It's good for all parrots. :)

MoluccanZoey

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather
I don't think a little bit would be a bad thing- I know sometimes you can overdo it with vitamins and such in a healthy bird. But maybe once a week or so I think would probably be a good thing. I add some to my mash usually once a week for my guys. In small amounts I think it is quite beneficial, I just wouldn't overdo it.

DebysFids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Deby
my Tag will not touch it if it's in food for some odd reason , she likes it in a syringe straight in her mouth lol , she is a a weird child lol

mtngirl

Sprinting down the street
I used to give this to Rico, but I stopped because of the fat content. I think I may start again.

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I give it to my sennie also. Its great stuff :) But you dont want to overdo it either. 1ml for a TAG seems pretty high. The dosage on the back says .02-.05ml per 100 grams of body weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.