• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Question about sex of Ringneck Doves

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheldonTheMagnificent

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Brittany
Okay.. so I have three ringneck doves. I was told that one was a female and two were males. By now I have determined that this is incorrect lol. Two of the doves were incredibly aggressive towards the third, to the point where I moved him to a separate cage. Now, the two that are in the same cage (initially we thought all three were males) sit snuggled up to one another, they preen one another, and feed each other. Males? Females? Confused birds?! From what I understand, you can't tell from the markings, but one is a VERY large white, and the other is a much smaller fawn with a white ring. Thoughts? They both do the bow/coo thing.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Im no help. My girl ringneck coos and bows too, I only way I knew she was a girl is when she laid eggs. She and one of my female mourning doves are bonded, they even nest together and mock mate, but they are both difinatly girls. could be these two are just bonded, no matter the sex and the other is "intruding" on them. Hopefully someone else can give you some insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.