• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Question about nei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystics Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
wondering if anyone has been to NEI.....i went when thry first started .few yrs ago...it was one of the most AMAZING things i have ever learned..(i plan on going back..my health took a nose dive the last 2 yrs..spent it at the MAYO Clinic)getting better now...but wondering what everyone else thought

Stevo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
I flew over from Australia in Jan this year to do the Foundation Skills workshop. I had a great time and validated a lot of ideas and processes. It's nice to see a structured view of the training process and to be able to put it all into a common language. It was also nice to train with some birds that aren't all that common back home.

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
Here's a photo of Danny with Steve Martin, when Steve visited Australia last year :)

Steve called Danny "bomb-proof" for how well he behaved at the club meeting :hehe:

Attachments

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That is a great pic :laughing12:

Mystics Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
Thanks for the pics...He is such a wonderful Talented person....i learned so much at his Ranch in Fla....

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
I would love to go. It's the kind of thing that requires advance planning, that's for sure.

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
I would love to go. It's the kind of thing that requires advance planning, that's for sure.
Sure does! I booked in Aug 2008 for the Jan 2009 workshop...

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I just wanted to tell you guys that I am attending the Great Minds lecture at the University of North Texas on February 6. There will be several great speakers, all of whom I have seen before including Bob Bailey (multi species animal trainer, runs animal trainer chicken camps), Steve Martin, Kay Laurence (AWESOME dog trainer out of England), Alexandra Kurland (clicker horse trainer), Ken Ramirez (multi species animal trainer, does a lot of marine mammal work). It is not very expensive for this list of speakers. And, it's a one day seminar. I went this year and was blown away. I am excited to go back next year with a bunch of my training/behavior geek friends:) What I love about this so much is having trainers of different species. This is VERY important to animal trainers because working with other species can teach us so much.
Here is the website:

ORCA: Organization for Reinforcement Contingencies with Animals

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.