• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Question about cockatoorescue.org in Washington state.

BrianB

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
A friend of mine used to volunteer at a cockatoo sanctuary near Seattle. This place doesn't look anything like what she described. The place she went to was mostly inside with large flight areas that were protected from the weather. It's hard to say because this place doesn't really show a location you can check out. Just be cautious.

Bee Ann

Checking out the neighborhood
i have also been following the Cockatoo sanctuary and rescue for many years as I intended to send my M2s there if anything g ever happens to me. Today I received this on Facebook:

This is completely devastating. There is no way one person can manage a sanctuary of this size alone, without help or someone to check on them. It had to have been weeks of suffering for those precious souls. Why didn't she reach out for help? I am sure others have more details, but apparently Lori had cancer. I am sorry for the death of Lori, and the 400+ birds that perished needlessly. My heart is broken.

The Cockatoo Rescue and Sanctuary, in Snohomish County, Washington
Owner Lori Rutledge of the Cockatoo Sanctuary was found dead and all but one of the 400 or so mostly cockatoos that resided there. All are dead from the cold and/or starvation.

The website has gone. Anybody know anything?

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
The owner passed away @Coop