• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Question about Aviansun Deluxe Floor Lamp

peaches13

Strolling the yard
Hello:birdance:
I have never raised a bird, but now I am raising an 8-month-old Green Cheek Conure. His name is Peaches. I still need a lot of learning, so I try to grow well as I study every day. I am using the new exclusive Aviansun Deluxe Floor Lamp in my room because there is no natural sunlight. My bird gets up at 8 in the morning and sleeps at 8 at night. When I asked the internet about this lamp, it was okay to use it for at least 10 hours or 12 hours, so I turned it off from 8 am to 6 pm. I wonder how many hours this lamp will fit. Thank you very much for reading my post.

In the file below, I attached the lamp and my cute Peaches:smileflower:.

Attachments

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
@Ripshod uses full spectrum lighting?

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
There is very little energy (almost none) coming off those bulbs. As long as it's not 6 inches away from your bird you could not possibly harm him. These lights do very little in the way of health benefits. When we use lights we want a bright daylight temperature light for our birds special vision. A bright environment promotes more activity as well as more vocalization (Not screaming).

If you take your bird outside (in a cage) into the sunshine for 20-30 minutes it will do more your birds health than sitting right next to that light for a whole week.

peaches13

Strolling the yard
There is very little energy (almost none) coming off those bulbs. As long as it's not 6 inches away from your bird you could not possibly harm him. These lights do very little in the way of health benefits. When we use lights we want a bright daylight temperature light for our birds special vision. A bright environment promotes more activity as well as more vocalization (Not screaming).

If you take your bird outside (in a cage) into the sunshine for 20-30 minutes it will do more your birds health than sitting right next to that light for a whole week.
Thank you so much! I will try to take him out for nature sunlight.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Thank you so much! I will try to take him out for nature sunlight.
In a secure cage, travel cages work great!

Make sure it isn't very hot out, half sun, half shade is good and keep an eye on your bird from predators, and any chance of overheating.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
John is right. These lamps actually give only a small amount of UV. I've got two of the Parrot Pro lights that give a lot more than the others but still it's not enough to replace the sun. But they're better than nothing at all. What they do do is raise the energy levels of the bird.
Is Peaches getting D3 in his diet (usually pellets) or has his vet mentioned a lack of it?
It's okay to use it as you've been advised but the UV phosphors will be burned out in 3 months. Instead of the expense of buying the lamps again just replace them with standard 'daylight' lamps, LED versions are even better.

peaches13

Strolling the yard
John is right. These lamps actually give only a small amount of UV. I've got two of the Parrot Pro lights that give a lot more than the others but still it's not enough to replace the sun. But they're better than nothing at all. What they do do is raise the energy levels of the bird.
Is Peaches getting D3 in his diet (usually pellets) or has his vet mentioned a lack of it?
It's okay to use it as you've been advised but the UV phosphors will be burned out in 3 months. Instead of the expense of buying the lamps again just replace them with standard 'daylight' lamps, LED versions are even better.
Peaches became a family to me on June 7, and I haven't been to the vet yet, but I'm going to book a health check soon. At the pre-sale site, I gave it as a seed feed, and at first I gave it 100% with “KAYTEE® FDPH Feather Conure/Lovebird Bird Food”. My feed consists of KAYTEE® FDPH Feather Conure/Lovebird Bird Food (10%), Roudybush Maintenance Mini Pellets Bird Food (80%), Higgins 2 Pack of Sunburst Gourmet Natural Bird Treats, 5 Ounces Each, True Fruits Flavor, for Conures Parrots and Macaws (5%), and Lafeber's® Nutri-Berries Tropical Fruit Parrot Food (5%). Spray millet once a week. Peaches had natural sunlight outside this morning and he was very happy.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I know the Roudybush Maintenance range is fortified with D3 so I'm not going to look any further.
Peaches had natural sunlight outside this morning and he was very happy.
That's good to hear. That's something I don't have - access to direct sun - so I did my research.