• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Question about a question

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
So I wanted to ask if it is okay to ask a question about safe alternatives to something, in the context of spiritual or religious use? Specifically alternatives to flame and similar for that usage.

I wasn't sure if it was okay to mention seeing as it has to do with spirituality, but I'm not looking to start a fight, just to ask for alternatives from people who might have some ideas. I just wanted to ask before I make the thread, in case that ruffles any feathers. I have seen other members make mention of other faiths before but wasn't sure if my question would be allowed.

Thoughts from staff members?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Can you ask about the act without mentioning the spiritual or religious reasoning behind it?

Eg: I want to light a candle but I am aware that flames of any kind are not safe to have around birds, does any one know of an alternative?

EDIT: there are flameless battery operated candles available.

Maybe just ask for bird safe alternatives to the actual item as opposed to explaining what you want it for.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
That's why I wanted to ask, bc flame has a direct spiritual meaning in my practice. I'll just go googling. Thanks for your time Shezbug, hope you have a lovely day/night (I can never remember AU time haha) :)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
As far as I am aware there really is not a way to have an actual flame without some fume/residue/smoke being emitted from the flame.

If all else fails Bee, send a PM to one of the staff to get an answer on your exact question.

FYI it is 6:15pm and we are just waiting for dinner to cook while Burt is singing up a storm and ringing his bells, lol he gets impatient to see what goodies he will get from our dinner :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I think given your question is genuinely looking for bird safe alternatives, it is ok to post on the Safety forum.

I also do not know any flame alternatives I´m afraid. Hope you find something that works for you :)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I agree with Zara. Yes you may ask it :)