• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Quarantine

kiertje

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kira
Hey,
I was wondering if you guys stick quarantine cause I am looking around for a new linnie but we only have a two week garantee policy, so if were not to work out I can bring him/her back between two weeks. They have been in quarantine for 6 weeks in the store.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
so if were not to work out
What does this mean?

Definitely quarantine for at least 4 weeks, you need to get negative test results back from the vet before they can mix with your bird (or even be in the same room).

kiertje

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kira
What does this mean?

Definitely quarantine for at least 4 weeks, you need to get negative test results back from the vet before they can mix with your bird (or even be in the same room).
Yeah policy is two weeks here in the Netherlands for new pets to return them, if they for instance wouldn't get along so that is my struggle at the moment. Cause would be stuck with birds in different cages than and would have to sell or give away to a shelter.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cause would be stuck with birds in different cages than and would have to sell or give away to a shelter.
If that is the case then I would recommend not to bring home a second bird. It´s not fair on them. Leave them for someone who will give them a forever home.

Sunni Tiel

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
Stick to quarantine. If you bring another bird home you have to be prepared for them not to get along

NorthernGannet

Sprinting down the street
Ah, it easily could take more than two weeks for you to know if they're truly going get along. Two of mine took several months before the arguing totally stopped, and now they are good friends.