• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Quaker Scratching?

MamaBirdie

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Christina
Recently my Quaker Howie (assumed boy) has been going inside of his sleeping hut and scratching at the bottom of it and making clicking noises for long periods of time.

I read that African Greys do this when they’re looking to nest, but does it also apply to Quaker Parrots? I wanted to call to get a vet opinion but - as helpful as they are - they usually tend to assume the worst and believe that something is wrong. So, I was just wondering before I called them: Is this normal Quaker Parrot behavior? He’s about 12 years old. Thank you in advance for any information/advice! :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Welcome to the Avenue Christina :starshower1:

I think so. I remember @CrazyBirdChick ´s bird doing something similar, and would create huge nests.

Edit, sorry, I think her bird was actually female (Proven by egg, but DNA tested male).

Last edited:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Chicken scratching is what I call it! I believe it is more about "cleaning the nest" as it would kick out debris :) My male quakers and male Jardine's all have done it