• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Quaker roll call!

ems08

Walking the driveway
My guess (based on researching the mutations before bringing my boy home) would be that Skylar is a pallid blue. Riley is turquoise and from a distance they could be twins, but up close he has these lime green feathers mixed in with the blue ones, which I'm not seeing on your bird. Pretty babies! Are you doing anything to discourage/prevent mating? Quakers can have so many babies I would be worried about it!

Here's Riley to add to the roll call:

20220306_093614.jpg
This isn't his most flattering picture but highlights the blue and green variation he's currently sporting-- every feather he molts comes back more green though :bored:

20220228_114315.jpg

Yelly

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Danielle Ryan
My guess (based on researching the mutations before bringing my boy home) would be that Skylar is a pallid blue. Riley is turquoise and from a distance they could be twins, but up close he has these lime green feathers mixed in with the blue ones, which I'm not seeing on your bird. Pretty babies! Are you doing anything to discourage/prevent mating? Quakers can have so many babies I would be worried about it!

Here's Riley to add to the roll call:

View attachment 404097
This isn't his most flattering picture but highlights the blue and green variation he's currently sporting-- every feather he molts comes back more green though :bored:

View attachment 404098
he’s so cute. I was told that as they are both handtame that they wouldn’t breed. I don’t want to separate them as they sleep cuddled up. I deffo don’t want baby’s tho! I’ve no idea how I’d manage that. I have nothing in the cage that could be used as a nesting box.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Look at all these loves on the forum
Here are my 3 all girls
Penny Green
Pikachu yellow
Phoebe blue
20220531_103748.jpg 20220330_112657.jpg 20220202_132623.jpg 20220322_131824.jpg 20220331_131318.jpg

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So cute :D

MattP

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Matthew
Here's my new boy. I am toying with the idea of calling him Louis ('s' pronounced). Friendly, curious, playful... he's really awesome. This is day 3. He has been watching movies with me and falls asleep in my lap. He came clipped but he can fly quite well and won't be clipped again.

IMG_20220718_121844.jpg

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Welcome home Louis!

Jaspa

Moving in
Avenue Veteran
Here's my little guy, had him for 3 years and he was a rehome. His previous owner swapped him for a lorikeet (which amazes me) and kept going into the bird shop to say hello and whatever else she was doing in there. He was in the bird shop for a few months and I went in to get bird branches, and once I found out his story I couldnt leave him there any longer. He was one year's old when he came to live with me. I was worried about quaker temperaments but he's not cage territorial, is playful and very affectionate, loves his food, however doesnt love my 7 year old twins much. He hangs out a bit with the two cockatiels but now starting to get them out separately unless I can watch them together. His name's Gizmo, which was his original name.

Attachments

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Here's my little guy, had him for 3 years and he was a rehome. His previous owner swapped him for a lorikeet (which amazes me) and kept going into the bird shop to say hello and whatever else she was doing in there. He was in the bird shop for a few months and I went in to get bird branches, and once I found out his story I couldnt leave him there any longer. He was one year's old when he came to live with me. I was worried about quaker temperaments but he's not cage territorial, is playful and very affectionate, loves his food, however doesnt love my 7 year old twins much. He hangs out a bit with the two cockatiels but now starting to get them out separately unless I can watch them together. His name's Gizmo, which was his original name.
I'm so glad you took him home!

zERo/

Walking the driveway
Avenue Spotlight Award
Here’s my boy Tony! He’s 4-ish years old, and the sweetest guy!
613BABA4-A87F-4AE9-8D90-843B9E97F137.jpeg 84588F95-6521-413B-9A11-6B101F238212.jpeg 87EB4648-14CA-4C67-992D-7DB84D88B486.jpeg

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Hello Tony! Your feathers are so lush and plushy :cloud9: sweet floofy checks in pictures 2!:faint:

Have you DNA seed him? Do you get an uptick in spring vocalizations? Does he build? None of my girls build

zERo/

Walking the driveway
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hello Tony! Your feathers are so lush and plushy :cloud9: sweet floofy checks in pictures 2!:faint:

Have you DNA seed him? Do you get an uptick in spring vocalizations? Does he build? None of my girls build
Yes he’s DNA sexed. He’s pretty quiet generally but he does seem to get louder in spring, especially in the morning.
He tries to build, but he’s not very good at it, I tried giving him jute sticks and little apple twigs but he prefers to try and balance his maraca or Birdie dumbbell on his ladder :lol:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Blue Quaker!!!!! We just had a little blue babe join our flock and I love him to pieces. But I’ve heard some folks say that blue varieties are more prone to health problems (can’t find much support for that online though). Can I ask what your experience has been?
@Pixiebeak might know some information