• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Quaker poop/urine color and possible lead poison?

Jason Phan

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Jason Phan
My quaker's poop has been consistently dark green with white urates and the urine is light green. He/she is only 7 months old. 2 days ago, my sister got her 'littlest pet shop' toy which was a pink bird. The bird is afraid of alot of things but was drawn to the toy and took off with it and didn't want to give it back. I took the toy and put it in his cage just to see if he'll go after it. He did and started biting the tail of the toy. He chiped of the tail and i dont know if he swallowed it or not. I hear that soft plastics contain pvc and lead. Today the poop changed dramatically. I dont know if it moved from the crop to the digestion and affected him but his poop is now brown. One poop had no urates and was long & coiled, the other had yellow urine, the other had green urine and the other had pink urine which i dont know is blood or not. At the bottom of the cage has some crumbs of red zupreem which he usually doesnt eat but maybe this time he did which might explain the changes. I but the mixed seeds, nuts, fruit, & pellet. He usually only eats seed but i guess is now maybe trying the others. I'm just confused, worried, and cant focus on school. This is shortly after biting the toy and probably didnt reach digestion

Shared album - Jason Phan - Google Photos

This is the toy

And this is what happened to the poop and urine

Last edited:

soleaux

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nola
Your Quaker definitely has been eating the Zupreem! Those little crumbs and all that pellet powder show that he’s at least been taking bites of it. Since it’s a colored pellet, droppings tend to color too. My lovebird Tica eats Zupreem fruitblend and her droppings swing from yellow, to green-tinted, to dark red, depending on which flavor she’s picked for the day.

It’s kind of hard to tell from the photo since many of those droppings are dried, but I’m leaning towards normal. Green poop can be indicative of liver issues, though. The pink urine doesn’t indicate blood — blood is usually in the feces component, and will either be bright red or dark brown/black and tarry.

Birds are usually really good about not eating non-food items so he probably didn’t swallow it. Keep a close eye on him though and make sure he isn’t lethargic/fluffed up, straining to poop, or passing undigested bits of seed in his poop.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I tried to see your photos, but when I clicked on them, all I got was a pic of a caged dog..:bored: