• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Quaker Parrot Sighted in Williamsburg, Brooklyn

~Drini~

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ana
Today I spotted a very loud green quaker parrot in a tree near the intersection of N Seventh Street and Wythe Avenue in Williamburg, Brooklyn. I know that there is a flock of wild quaker parrots living in NYC, but this guy was alone and appeared to be an escaped pet, in case anyone happens to be looking for him.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
You could also try posting on Parrot Alert.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Thankyou for getting the word out - just in case! :)

Coldbreeze

Real Name
Alana
Today I spotted a very loud green quaker parrot in a tree near the intersection of N Seventh Street and Wythe Avenue in Williamburg, Brooklyn. I know that there is a flock of wild quaker parrots living in NYC, but this guy was alone and appeared to be an escaped pet, in case anyone happens to be looking for him.
There was also a quaker parrot spotting in Hicksville Train Station. Lady just took a picture of it and walked right passed it without seeing if it would come to her. Hard to tell if it is lost or just wild.

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I saw a Quaker outside with clipped wings a few months ago. I hope he turned out okay, but I’m not too sure, especially after seeing a Cooper‘s hawk chase a bird a few days later, it would've caught the Quaker easily :(

• Sad
Reactions: Ali