• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Quaker Parrot Cage Set Ups & Brand Reccomendations

MonkeyNori

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Chelsea
Hi Quaker Parents,
I have a feather picker and occasional self mutilator Quaker. I am going to get her a new cage and would like to know which cages (brand and sizes) you reccomend. I would also like to see what your current set up is. Please post pics :)
Thanks so much!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
If I was going cage shopping, I'd want an Avian Adventures Loro Flight Cage!

I have to feed everyone quick but then can grab some photos shortly

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
I have the Avian Adventures Nina playtop cage for my Quaker; however, I would like to upgrade her cage to something bigger as this was the first cage purchase I made without much experience at the time. The Loro flight cage @Mizzely recommended looks awesome -- thanks, Shawna :) For me, I think getting something wider than taller would be better for my Quaker as she spends more time on the bottom of her cage (she goes down there to sleep), and I would forego the playtop as she prefers her playgym or general exploring away from her cage.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
20180621_114930.jpg 20180621_115037.jpg

Here are mine. Avian Adventures Mediana and Kings Cage Aluminum (older model)

DAislandR

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Dustin Aaron
I'm starting off with the Prevue 57" playtop cage for Aziah. I think my mom has the large A&E dome top for her Ekkie. She loves it!

amsue0222

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amanda
I have a HQ flight cage-- It is very big and I am thinking of getting a smaller cage for him. I like the flat part on top bc he likes to bathe and get snacks on top of his cage. He hangs out there a lot when he isn't in his cage. I know some like the dome top cages, I have dogs and a cat and the flat top cages provide a level of safety/and fun for him.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Welcome @MonkeyNori :)

I don't have a Quaker but I did have a self mutilator named Zane. Sadly Zane passed away this year. Zane was also a senior had a little bit of mobility issue and would fall occasionally. So left his cage fairly simple. Does your Quaker wear a collar? If he does keeping it simple maybe a way to go. With Zane instead of having toys all over the place I had a toy wall/corner for his cage and only one or two toys hanging down. Just he wouldn't get his collar hang up on anything. If you ever want to talk about how frustrating self mutilating can be feel free to PM me. Also there's lots support here on forum as others have gone/are going through it too

I really like Avian adventure cages I have two myself. But I have heard great things about Kings Cage Aluminum too.