• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

quaker paradise

Status
Not open for further replies.

sham823

Moving in
Real Name
skip
i have 2 tiels and a quaker.:grouphug3: my quaker is the smartest pet i have ever had in my life!!! also the most entertaining. he can keep me amused for hours........ with his antics. he learned to lay on his back in my hand in 1 attempt. he will lay there for as long as i want. i guess this means he really trusts me. he is only 3 months old but more intelligent than a lot of adult humans i know.:eek: this little blue guy thinks i am his daddy. he won't try anything new to eat unless i eat it first.:rofl: my shoulder is his favorite place besides his playground. he is really trying to talk. :highfive: when i talk to him, he always answers with his little "hey i'm tryin' to talk cherps". i don't think it will take him mush longer to figure it out.

i would love to teach him some tricks, but can't think of any. anyone have any suggestions?
:grouphug:

Last edited:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
there are a lot of things to teach him through positive reinforcement everything from picking up an item and putting in a cup basket to preparing him for a vet to ringing a bell open wings the sky is the limit I am glad that you have such a relationship with him

here is a link to the section that would give you more answers

The Training Court - Avian Avenue - A friendly & caring bird loving community

I would like to welcome you and ask you introduce your self if you like
:hug8:

sham823

Moving in
Real Name
skip
no he's not much of a builder yet. :bash: he does know how to take things apart though.:pcwhack:.... i'll have to work on that.:rolleyes: if i can slow him down long enough.:rofl::bliss:

Tinytoez

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tammy
Mine is 14 months old and he hasnt started building yet, so dont be suprised if hes not interested for another year or so, my Indy didnt know how to play with toys for his first 8 - 10 months, and its only now hes learning properly.

zookeeper

Moving in
Real Name
Adrienne
Try giving your pal a shoebox to play in! Cut out a few doors for light and easy in and out ability. Hillarious!! Our Simon goes in his and laughs his little birdie head off! He also uses his box to curse under his breath at the dog, while yelling at him to "Kennel Up!!" But watch for him getting too territorial with it, we have to allow Simon certain amounts of time with his hide out, or he becomes nippy and possesive.

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
HINT hint!! I love pictures of adorable quakers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.