• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Quaker and noise

Mantis64

Rollerblading along the road
How loud are quaker parrots because I went to the bird shop and they kept screaming and squaking but there were a lot of them in the cage and only a few of the other parrots in the other cages. Would a single one be that noisy or was it because there was a lot of them in the cage just wandering. I consider my Indian ringneck loud like ear pericing loud.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Both of mine were super noisy. Very abrasive screams. Jingo screams about 8 hours a day (which is not normal) but Bobber still screamed several hours a day. You can hear them about a block away with the windows closed lol

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I think it depends on the bird and then also the owner's tolerance. My first Quaker was loud and my neighbors would tell me they could hear him when I was gone but the Quaker I have now is not loud at all.

cnyguy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gary
It really does depend on the individual Quaker. Many are quite loud and persistently vocal, but that's not true of every QP. My Quaker Ralph is rather quiet and his normal squawks aren't all that loud.