• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures PVC Stand Idea

crowary

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ben
Hi! I'm planning to make a PVC play stand for my cockatiel, and was wondering if anyone has either tried doing something like this or has any safety concerns about it. I want to keep things as easy to change as possible (Rosie isn't very confident with climbing around yet and I'll want to adjust it as I see how she's using it), especially in terms of drilling directly into the base PVC to attach hardware to hang a boing or other toys, so I came up with a possible design for how to avoid that.

I've attached a sketch of what I was thinking, but essentially I was thinking about using a Sling Style PVC Tee with a cap on the end and attaching the hardware to the cap so you can move it around or change out the cap for one with different hardware attached. In theory, this would also let you attach a nut at the end to secure it in place if there's any concern about the hardware falling out! My only concern so far is the cap itself falling off, but I think it should be fine for Rosie since she barely weighs anything and I'll wrap vet wrap (maybe over other tape?) around where it joins, but if anyone has ideas for other ways to make sure it's extra secure that would be great especially since I'd like to make one for our severe macaw in the future! Also, thoughts on using a similar method for attaching natural perches instead of drilling into the main pole directly?
1649972990140.png

sootling

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ollie (he/they)
Wow- this is so cool, such a good idea!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Many of have PVC play stands, some have been purchased and some have been home made. I can’t understand your idea I’m sorry, the cap and sling has my confused.