• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

PVC Playstands?

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I’ve seen a lot of cool PVC playstands, and I hope to build one in the future, I’m not sure how I would design one. One question I have is do you build a base to catch poop, or just put some newspaper under it and switch it out when it gets dirty? And do PVC pipes come in a diameter suitable for budgies? I know that Vet Wrap is needed, but how often should it be replaced?

If you have a PVC stand, please post a photo(s) of it! I’m not sure when I’d make one, but I hope to make it some time soon! :D

Reactions: Ali

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
There was a thread recently with a lot of PVC playstands, but I don't seem to be able to find it! I can't remember who posted either!

Let me have a think!

Also, I would say the need for a base is totally up to you, if you are okay with swapping out newspaper, it is certainly easier to make in the first place!

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
I read something about feet not overlapping and going about 2/3 of the way around. How long are budgies feet?!

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I read something about feet not overlapping and going about 2/3 of the way around. How long are budgies feet?!
Not sure :roflmao:

I think I’ll just go with the 3/4 when I make this then, because it should be thick enough.

Reactions: Ali

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
There was a thread recently with a lot of PVC playstands, but I don't seem to be able to find it! I can't remember who posted either!

Let me have a think!

Also, I would say the need for a base is totally up to you, if you are okay with swapping out newspaper, it is certainly easier to make in the first place!
Found it! @Leih

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Found it! @Leih

Looks like 1/2“ is best then!

RainbowFlo

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Estella
All I know is they are great ! There are way more knowledgeable people on here than me though so I can't really help:) I'd love to make one but I can't fund the pipes :( Hope your fids enjoy it! :starshower1:

SkyLark

Jogging around the block
I made one a little while ago! (And a shower perch to go with it ;) ) I used 1/2” piping for it, I thought the 3/4” one might have been too thick. I got the “vet wrap” from petco (it was marked as dog bandages...?) and got stainless steel hooks to screw onto it to hang toys. It still needs a few touch ups here and there, but other than that it’s pretty much done. I’ll post a pic later.

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I made one a little while ago! (And a shower perch to go with it ;) ) I used 1/2” piping for it, I thought the 3/4” one might have been too thick. I got the “vet wrap” from petco (it was marked as dog bandages...?) and got stainless steel hooks to screw onto it to hang toys. It still needs a few touch ups here and there, but other than that it’s pretty much done. I’ll post a pic later.
Can’t wait to see it!

Jisoo

Sprinting down the street
its probably a bird harness so that she can walk her bird outside without it flying away