• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Putting 2 pair love birds

JohnPala

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
John
No they leave in separate cage like above and happy !!!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Hi All… Good Morning

I would like to share my experience, I tried to put all the birds (2 pairs ) together in my cage after 1 month them sitting next but it was not success .. When I open the cage of pair into another one into the bigger cage, one was immediately jump into, looks he was ready to make friendship but other one was not ready to go to the bigger cage but later she did... but they start fighting.. so I force to separate them ☹
I don't get it. They tried to tell you what would happen. Thing is, what if you aren't there when they start to fight?

You are determined to make them share a cage. One or more will end up getting hurt badly or killed. How about rehoming most of them now, before that happens?

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Oh -- look at your plants! You should share them in the bonsai thread.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I am not surprised at all.

So my question how can I put all two pairs into the same cage,
Nope, never. Never ever ever.
Only house 1 single bird or 1 pair of bonded birds per cage.
I though since they both are paired and mated each other it should be OK
No, they will fight.
I tried to put all the birds (2 pairs ) together in my cage ~ but they start fighting..
I´m 100% sure that your birds are happier having their own cages. They are good size cages you have there too :)
I´m just glad your birds did not get hurt.. or worse.

JohnPala

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
John
Thanks to all your input.. I am still learning many thing about these lovellyyyyy Love birds.. so awesome they are.. BTW I have a You tube channel to put all these cage and lover birds journey. Please watch and support and subscribe when you have a chance.

Sorry this is not marketing, just love to share Again sorry the channel in my local language too..

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've seen groups of lovebirds live together in a large aviary - it was a good 5x5 metres in size. The key issue is for them to have enough space and the option to fly away from an aggressive bird. They had many perches, a couple of trees and several food and water dishes to reduce fighting over resources. There still will be problems with aggression but the aviary was large enough to allow birds to escape or avoid more aggressive birds.

No cage is going to be large enough to allow that to happen. You've basically stuck two couples in the equivalent of a small apartment. They don't have the opportunity to just get out of the other birds' space.

JohnPala

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
John
I've seen groups of lovebirds live together in a large aviary - it was a good 5x5 metres in size. The key issue is for them to have enough space and the option to fly away from an aggressive bird. They had many perches, a couple of trees and several food and water dishes to reduce fighting over resources. There still will be problems with aggression but the aviary was large enough to allow birds to escape or avoid more aggressive birds.

No cage is going to be large enough to allow that to happen. You've basically stuck two couples in the equivalent of a small apartment. They don't have the opportunity to just get out of the other birds' space.
Absolutely !!

Reactions: Ali

DoubleTake

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
Just curious, do you plan on breeding or giving away the chicks?

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I like the look of your new set up, with the two flight cages! Everyone'll be happier without any fighting, including you & your family.

Your plants are incredible. Did you grow them yourself?

JohnPala

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
John
I like the look of your new set up, with the two flight cages! Everyone'll be happier without any fighting, including you & your family.

Your plants are incredible. Did you grow them yourself?
Yes except the central one.. all are ~ 5 year old :)

JohnPala

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
John
Just curious, do you plan on breeding or giving away the chicks?
I am not a breeder (typical).. if they mate and give some babies i will be more happy.. I love their nest creation behavior.. When i was in school i was literately watching how beautiful the birds are making nest :)

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow! You're an awesome container gardener!

DoubleTake

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
I am not a breeder (typical).. if they mate and give some babies i will be more happy.. I love their nest creation behavior.. When i was in school i was literately watching how beautiful the birds are making nest :)
I would urge you not to breed the fischers with the peach face. They are not the same species so you would be creating hybrids. And since you are mixing and eye ring and a peach face, there is a possibility that their offspring will not be able to reproduce and mental/physical complications. This is not always the case but it can happen. IF you do decide to breed them, PLEASE PLEASE inform the buyer or person you are giving them to that they are hybrids, should not be bred and should be kept only as pets. Hybrids can make wonderful pets but too many people don't know anything about hybrids. They sometimes are shocked and either get emotional about it(sad) or very angry.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I would urge you not to breed the fischers with the peach face.
I agree.
The two Fischeri are ok to breed together (please research well first though), but the problem with Fischeri and Roseicollis creating offspring is that the chicks will be confused as to whether they are Roseicollis or Fischeri.
The peach-faced lovebird will carry nesting material in it´s rump, but Fischeri do not. A hybrid RoseicollisxFischeri bird is confused as to do this or not. This will in turn cause a lot of stress for that young bird. Also, the chicks will be infertile.
In saying this, the two birds can live together, they look very happy with each other in your video. Just be sure to replace any eggs laid for dummys, or boil any eggs and replace once cooled down.

JohnPala

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
John
Looks some confusion about the lovebirds i have.. In my first cage i have a pair of peach face and Fischeri. They are very happy.. looks the they (majority Fischeri) si carrying leaf/other stiff to the nesting box.. not sure whether they mate and starting laying eggs :) Other cage i have a pair of Fischeri..

DoubleTake

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
Looks some confusion about the lovebirds i have.. In my first cage i have a pair of peach face and Fischeri. They are very happy.. looks the they (majority Fischeri) si carrying leaf/other stiff to the nesting box.. not sure whether they mate and starting laying eggs :) Other cage i have a pair of Fischeri..
You have a bonded pair that is a peach face male and fischers female right?

JohnPala

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
John
You have a bonded pair that is a peach face male and fischers female right?
I haven't check the DNA.. Owner i brought said Peach face is male and Fischer is female.. why is this something fishy due to the nesting their behavior

JohnPala

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
John
And they ( Fischer) start putting stuff in the nest box last 3-4 days.. but i checked box yesterday but i don't see any egg.. Is it something they set the nest first then mate and lay the egg.. how this work from your experience