• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Put my plea here too...Lost African Grey 10/12/2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
I sure wish she was home. I still miss her terribly :( There will never be another bird that compares to my baby Dakota.

Nailrep

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Cindy
So sorry to read this. I know it's got to be rough for you.

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Thanks everyone :)

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
still remember all your postings on Dakota Heather and she was certainly one huge personality. She will always be with you in your heart. There are a lot of us that will never forget what you have had to endure. God bless.:hug8:

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
I just reposted on Craigslist tonight after being reminded by this thread. I'll never give up. Maybe just maybe someday she'll come home to me.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Wouldn't that be something? My fingers and toes are crossed for you, that one day a miracle will happen. We have to keep hope alive don't we?:hug8:

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Heather, your recent post made me tear up. I know you miss Dakota terribly. She sounds like she is a wonderful, magical bird. Miracles do happen. Never give up hope. Hugs to you.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
never ever give up hope..I just know she is in someones house all warm and she is ok...

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Thanks guys, someone had to have found her. She would go to ANYONE for a potato chip or even a carrot ;)

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
My heart go's out to you:heart: that must be really hard not knowing:hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8:

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Heather Dakota is special to so many of us, that knew her through you, seeing her as a baby, celebrating her one year birthday with you. I remember I made a video for you of her first year, and when she was our featured bird..those songs will always remind me of her. My prayer for you is that this comes full circle and Dakota comes home one day. :hug8:

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
That is true, never lost hope. I have heard of birds and their original owners being reunited after years :)

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Oh Pat you're gonna make me cry :hug8: You guys were all here with me through my worst times. Although things have gotten better, I'm still never the same. I hit a funk after she left and that hole still isn't filled :(

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
I just wish I knew if she was ok or not. Even if I found out that she died, at least I'd have some kind of closure.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
I just wish I knew if she was ok or not. Even if I found out that she died, at least I'd have some kind of closure.
I can totally understand that Heather, not knowing is just so hard. Maybe pray for a sign and then really be open to what you feel and see around you. :hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.