• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Put my plea here too...Lost African Grey 10/12/2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Heather keep the faith..we are still praying for a miracle! :heart:

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Ok I just updated and reposted ads. Praying for a response ASAP.

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega

Heather, you and Dakota are still in my prayers - miracles happen every day, even months later

:hug8:
Thanks so much. Getting this new bird just really reinforced how much I miss Dakota and how much of a bond we have compared to Baby and Pebbles. I mean I'm happy with Baby but that link just isn't there that I have with Dakota. I just miss her even more :(

Allessa

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janifer
I missed it, you got another bird? Heather when i got Cloud it only made it 10 times harder for me missing Mika. I remember not feeling that "bond" either, and to be honest, it still isnt as strong as mine and Mikas. I love him, i always will, but i just feel closer to Mika.

TBH, if i wouldve known how much more pain it wouldve caused, i wouldnt have gotten Cloud. But hes a sweet boy and im glad hes a part of my flock now.:)

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
I missed it, you got another bird? Heather when i got Cloud it only made it 10 times harder for me missing Mika. I remember not feeling that "bond" either, and to be honest, it still isnt as strong as mine and Mikas. I love him, i always will, but i just feel closer to Mika.

TBH, if i wouldve known how much more pain it wouldve caused, i wouldnt have gotten Cloud. But hes a sweet boy and im glad hes a part of my flock now.:)
Hehe, yeah you must've missed it. Here's the thread for you to read. http://forums.avianavenue.com/cockatoo-causeway/1473-heres-baby.html

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Update: No she's not been found yet. But the lady that just took in all these birds from rescue is also a handfeeder and she told me to please list in my craigslist ads to tell people if they turn Dakota over to us that she will give them a handfed baby grey in the spring when more come in!

I just can't get over the generosity!

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Thanks I need it. Been a tough few weeks :(

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Hi Heather, I have read the posts and I am sorry you lost Dakota. I do hope you guys are reunited soon.

You are in my thoughts,

Claire :hug8:

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
:hug8: Still praying that she makes it home.

liltweets

Jogging around the block
Update: No she's not been found yet. But the lady that just took in all these birds from rescue is also a handfeeder and she told me to please list in my craigslist ads to tell people if they turn Dakota over to us that she will give them a handfed baby grey in the spring when more come in!

I just can't get over the generosity!
That's wonderful Heather. How nice of her to do that. Still praying for her return! *big hugs*

Allessa

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janifer
Heather im still thinking about you. That was super sweet of that lady to offer that for Dakotas return..wow!

I was offered SOO many babies Heather :( Many MANY quakers. I would go to see it wasnt Mika, and they would say, well, would you like to take him/her for free anyways?

I was even offered an CAG from a lady whos back was getting too much for her and couldnt care for him anymore. I didnt want to take him, but i told her i knew someone (which was actually the lady that gave over Jaden). Unfortunately she never called back. I guess she didnt want him to go to just anyone :(

But anyways, still keeping hope here. ((hugs))

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Heather im still thinking about you. That was super sweet of that lady to offer that for Dakotas return..wow!

I was offered SOO many babies Heather :( Many MANY quakers. I would go to see it wasnt Mika, and they would say, well, would you like to take him/her for free anyways?

I was even offered an CAG from a lady whos back was getting too much for her and couldnt care for him anymore. I didnt want to take him, but i told her i knew someone (which was actually the lady that gave over Jaden). Unfortunately she never called back. I guess she didnt want him to go to just anyone :(

But anyways, still keeping hope here. ((hugs))
Yeah I've been amazed by all the people that have wanted to help! I'm still holding out hope that she'll come home to me :)

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I'm still hoping you get your baby back, too. :hug5:

Quest

Real Name
Judy
Heather,
You and Dakota are in my prayers.
Judy

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Did Dakota ever come home? I have been thinking about her the whole time that I was posting on this thread on The P*rch and I never stopped thinking about her after it closed down. I found this thread and I was so hoping that she had been found by now,please tell me she has.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Sadly, no. sweet Dakota is still missing. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.