• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Purposeful flight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sophiamarini

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Sophia
Xander and Lola were very clever to climb up their boing which is hanging under the back/top perch in the new aviary onto the back/top perch. The perch is in the sheltered part of the aviary so it is secured onto flat metal and they are not able to climb up or down to it via the wire.
Well when I got home from work I found them on this perch looking somewhat pleased with themselves and somewhat confused because they couldn't figure out how to climb down!
This look of confusion turned to frustration when I served up their afternoon tea. The poor birdies began pacing the perch trying to find a safe passage down to the food.
I could tell Xander was really weighing up his options and finally he FLEW all the way to the front perch and landed securely on it! From there he climbed down the wire and began to eat.
Lola didn't want to miss out on the action, but couldn't muster up the flying courage and somehow managed to climb back down the boing.
I hope this is the start of my big guys realising that their wings can be fun!

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I am glad they are flying but some times you can get too much of a good thing thanks for sharing

Jacob

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Herdis
Xander and Lola were very clever to climb up their boing which is hanging under the back/top perch in the new aviary onto the back/top perch. The perch is in the sheltered part of the aviary so it is secured onto flat metal and they are not able to climb up or down to it via the wire.
Well when I got home from work I found them on this perch looking somewhat pleased with themselves and somewhat confused because they couldn't figure out how to climb down!
This look of confusion turned to frustration when I served up their afternoon tea. The poor birdies began pacing the perch trying to find a safe passage down to the food.
I could tell Xander was really weighing up his options and finally he FLEW all the way to the front perch and landed securely on it! From there he climbed down the wire and began to eat.
Lola didn't want to miss out on the action, but couldn't muster up the flying courage and somehow managed to climb back down the boing.
I hope this is the start of my big guys realising that their wings can be fun!
Isn't this the greatest feeling? Seeing your bird muster up the courage to go for it and fly :heart:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris

Isn't this the greatest feeling? Seeing your bird muster up the courage to go for it and fly :heart:
Yes it is a great feeling isn't it.

That is awesome that they are figuring out what those wings are for!

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
:yah: Xander! Now, Lola, you saw how it's done - YOU CAN DO IT TOO! :ygg:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue