• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pulled ligament and Metacam/Baytril

Gimby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katie Denski
My bf amazon Patti git hurt over the weekend. The vet said she looks like she has a pulled ligament and gave me Metacam. She is already on baytril - has been on it. Ive been reading Metacam is a common anti-inflammatory. Does any body have experience or advice from experience for me? Im such a wreck over this. Not in front of my birds, of course, because i dont want to stress any of them but this is just tearing me up inside. She only stands on her good foot for 8-10hrs at a time. This is only day 2.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle

enigma731

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yep, Metacam is super common and very helpful. I would definitely give it. The fact that she's standing on it at all is a good sign.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I'm curious - why is she on Baytril?

My girl Jasper was on Metacam for at least 10 years for her severe arthritis. It is an excellent pain killer and anti-inflammatory. Very commonly used for birds. She is now on Celebrex - a little stronger

Gimby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katie Denski
Yep, Metacam is super common and very helpful. I would definitely give it. The fact that she's standing on it at all is a good sign.
I mis-wrote that. She wont stand on it at all. She'll have her bad leg up 8-10hrs at a time.

Gimby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katie Denski
I'm curious - why is she on Baytril?

My girl Jasper was on Metacam for at least 10 years for her severe arthritis. It is an excellent pain killer and anti-inflammatory. Very commonly used for birds. She is now on Celebrex - a little stronger
She's on Baytril for a severe infection she had awhile ago nothing pertaining to the leg at all. The leg is very new. Noticed Sunday mid-day something was wrong with her leg. Got into vet 830a Monday and was prescribed the metacam. Its been 24hrs since her first dose of Metacam. Day two since the leg has been up.

Gimby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katie Denski
Here she is. She will stand all day and night like that. She tucks her foot way up. She stands in one spot all day, sleeps in same spot all day with that foot up all day and night.

Attachments