• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Pulled a blood feather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feather

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
DSCF6987.jpg
Adaryn's been going through a pretty bad molt recently. I've been watching her closely but haven't noticed anything wrong aside from that. She hasn't been letting anyone pet her throughout the ordeal, but that's pretty normal for this bird when she'd molting.
However, as I was watching her preen today, she ripped out partly-grown tail feather. This is really bad timing as I'm just about to leave the house. I'm really worried about her.
It looks like she pulled the whole thing and I don't see any blood on her. I'll check again when I get home. I hate having to leave right now. :( Does anyone have any advice for such a situation? I won't be able to get her to the vet until tomorrow if it comes down to that.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just keep a close eye on her. As long as there is no blood she should be fine.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
if there is no blood, then you did just fine....

Feather

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Just got home. Adaryn's just fine and there's no blood anywhere. It doesn't look like she's pulled anymore, so here's hoping it was just a freak thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.