• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pugsley & Roxy's baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
Well he/she isn't soo much a baby any more but When we checked on him Saturday I noticed his lil' black beak was fading away and he hasn't even attempted to come out of the nest box - So instead of putting him back in the nest box We put him in the cage. that lasted about a minute then he bolted back in the nest box LOL

but Last night we brought him and Roxy to an Empty cage in my room and he's perching on his own playing and she's feeding him Haven't seen him try to eat on his own Yet but he's now 48 days old So he should be soon :)

the 1st set of pics are From Saturday he was 46 days old 2nd set is from Last night being in a big boy/girl cage and he was 47 days old

Top view of the baby @ 46 days old

Front view same day

Then on to the big bird cage

Look maw I can perch on my own - 47 days old

as soon as I opened the door Roxy came to attack me But She missed :dance5:

Roxy feeding the baby

wanting to know if i'm going to stop taking their pics any time soon

Now i need to go back to the mutation Calculator and see why they had a Dutch Blue baby :lol: That has NOT been an outcome in the year and half she's been breeding, She is a Double Factor Dutch Blue (SLATE) and Dad is Lutino my only outcomes in the last year and half have been Medium Green Males and Medium Lutino Females

Never was there to be a Dutch blue :hehe:

so some one is hiding something on me and its just now coming out

and with the white bib (chest) Roxy and the baby has - I'm really thinking Roxy is a a White face (still would be a peach face lovebird of course) but that baby has a lot of white and yellow tone brow where normally it would be peach but I guess we'll know more as it gets older

Oh and the Actual Mutation of the baby is a Dutch Blue Violet - the camera does his rump no justice its not teal blue like it looks but it is violet (Roxy carries the Violet Gene she's technically a Slate Violet)

Last edited:

Sharpie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Don't know anything about lovies other than he's CUTE!

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
They are all cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.