• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Puffy sennie?

OrnerySennie

Moving in
Hi all,

I just noticed my sennie is looking a bit fluffed. She's otherwise acting perfectly like her normal self, behavior wise/appetite wise, but of course now I'm dead worried and am not going to be able to sleep well or even relax til I either see she's somehow 100% fine tomorrow or I get her seen at the vet.

Basically right now I'm just hoping for some reassurance that this is probably something minor and she'll be okay.

No discharge or anything and she's bright-eyed. If not for the fluffiness I'd think she was fine. But she decimated a paper ball toy I'd hung in her cage and I'm super paranoid (always am with toys) that she could have eaten a piece (my husband had a bird years ago who passed after getting an impaction in his gut from a toy).

Also worried about the expense as there's less income right now due to the pandemic, but of course my priority is her health and I fortunately have carecredit.

enigma731

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
She looks fine to me -- bright eyes, good posture. Birds that are fluffed up from illness are usually kind of squinty and miserable looking. Could it be cooler than usual in her environment or could she just be sleepy and cozy?

OrnerySennie

Moving in
She looks fine to me -- bright eyes, good posture. Birds that are fluffed up from illness are usually kind of squinty and miserable looking. Could it be cooler than usual in her environment or could she just be sleepy and cozy?
Thanks for replying. It's warmed up here so if anything the room is warmer than it usually would be at this time of day--it's quite mellow in her room.

Maybe she's sleepy...it's pretty late and I had only turned the light on to check on her and clean her dishes before covering her for the night. But this isn't uncommon in our routine and I don't normally notice her being so fluffed.

Could she be hormonal maybe?

enigma731

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
She could! Obviously I can't guarantee you that she's okay but I don't look at those pics and think "sick bird." I hope that helps at least a little.

OrnerySennie

Moving in
She could! Obviously I can't guarantee you that she's okay but I don't look at those pics and think "sick bird." I hope that helps at least a little.
It does a bit, thank you. I hope it's merely a fluke and that she'll seem perfectly well tomorrow. I'm still scared to leave the house so I think this has just flared my anxiety to an unreasonable level. Hopefully it's all in my head. I love my lil chikkin, just want her to be fine.

❤

enigma731

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Well, even if she were to be sick, there's absolutely nothing to suggest she'd be in any danger tonight. So try and relax if you can. I know it's hard.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She looks OK in the photos. How is she doing today?