• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Progress

TheOddFlock

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melissa
After two weeks of lots of patience, hard work, quick reflexes, and three bags of treats my work is finally starting to pay off.
I have been hoping that the two cats will get along, just a little. I decided that I would do a Google search and found something that could work, I decided to go slow and when there is a gap between hissing and growling they each get a treat. At first I'd have them carriers in the same room at a distance. I then let them out of the carriers and finally got them to behave for a couple minutes while eating treats. I use PureBites for treats, as they are just freeze dried pieces of meat. I use minnows, and shrimp, as those are favorites. I also give head scratches and butt pats. Hoping that they'll associate being together with good things.
Here is a picture of them eating minnows from my hand.
20200814_100651.jpg
I took them into the bird room as it is the only room in the house they aren't allowed in, so it is neutral ground for them. They were both supervised the entire time they were in there, and didn't even look at the cages. They were removed from the room when their "get together" was over.
20200814_100702.jpg
20200814_100743.jpg
Ignore the towel on the floor, Dexter brought it with him. It's his towel. Don't mess with his towel.

Reactions: Ali