• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Progress with the Gigi/Dori relationship

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They are in the same cage now. Dori is fearless and follows Gigi around, doing what she does, flying where she flies. Gigi flits away when crowded. Gigi isn't maternal at all, more like a big sister that sometimes wants a little space. I set up 2 pellet dishes with water between, but still just one AM chop/PM Nutri-berry dish and it is working out fine. Unlike Gigi who took 22 full days to try my chop, Dori tries anything I offer. Gigi now flies more often in the cage after watching Dori who is able to fly from any perch to another. Dori carries her snacks to higher perches after seeing Gigi do it. There have only been a few confrontations in the month and each ended in a moment. Both continue to be very quiet birds. Except yesterday when I brought in a new perch for the play gym. I don't know why but it scared Gigi, who circled the room, landing over and over, taking off again, calling, then Dori did the same. It was pretty hilarious that they settled down after so quickly. I wish my fight or flight system was that efficient. :)

This morning I woke them up and they were on the same perch, with a toy between. I don't know if they will bond, but will surely be company for each other. I'm just so happy I added to the flock.

1614089795281.jpeg

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
They're so cute!

budgieluv3

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
Adorable!

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They're cute! I think it's lovely you added a same species friend. :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Great update! Nice to hear the girls are getting along :) :bliss: