• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Progress with my new horse, Milly. (photo heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I'm making some-what progress with my new horse I'm leasing, got the saddle on her, I can lean on her and she won't buck, bolt or move, which is good I guess. You've gotta really push her because she's so stubborn and tries to get away with everything - we're doing natural horsemanship and ground manners at the moment.

Here's a photo photos of me working with Milly:

I think a break is needed, so we had a break..

I exercise Pupmkin every day (the ladies horse) :D I LOVE this horse, she's the best horse I've ridden yet, she has the smoothest canter and when she trots it's amazing.. she's a barrel racing horse so her turns are very, very sharp, but awesome nonetheless, lol.

and some random photos of my Milly after a long day..

*there's a photo is of Milly and me :o:

Attachments

Last edited:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Milly is very pretty!

Matt

thejoie

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
awesome pictures! She's gorgeous!!!

chompie_puppy

Celebirdy of the Month
Absolutely gorgeous! :heart:

Awww, your photos are making me miss my horse SO much!

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Thank you. :) I'm sorry Kelsey, but understand how you feel when it comes to missing your horse, I went through that stage for a long time, my aunt sold my horse Rev, so I don't have him now, Milly's the only horse and hopefully it will stay that way, I'll be devastated if I lost her.

chompie_puppy

Celebirdy of the Month
Wow! Did your aunt have an agreement with you to sell Rev? I hope she didn't do it without letting you know! THAT would be devastating! :(

I had to leave my horse in South Africa. We couldn't afford to bring him with to Australia. Luckily I co-owned him with another girl so he had a good home to stay with over there.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Such fantastic pics! Milly is beautiful.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
very very nice pictures!!

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
VERY pretty little filly! So glad that you're doing the natural horsemanship with her. I continue to work with all of my horses in this manner and the difference is absolutely amazing! I bet in no time you and Milly will have formed such a strong bond that you could ride her in to a war zone and she won't flinch because she trusts you so much :)

WenM

Real Name
Wendy
Looks like things are moving right along. She seems to be pretty receptive to the training program. I'm sure in no time you will be up on her back moving around quite well. Keep up the good work.

I'm green with envy seeing you work with Milly. It will be some weeks yet before I can work with or get on my horses so can only groom and hang with them until then.

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Wow what great pictures!!! :)

True Love Aviary

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Rodney Money
Oh Lordy, I just want to kiss her, pet her, and brush her! I have never personally had a horse, but I was the caretaker of one named Tanny for about a year while I lived in an old 1856 farm house. Tanny was too old to ride, but he acted just like a little doggy. He went crazy, in a good way, everytime he saw me, I would spoil him with treats such as apples and pears, and he would follow me around in the woods, over the creek, and the pasture. Thank you so much for sharing and good luck and many blessings on the training.
~Rodney

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Wow! Did your aunt have an agreement with you to sell Rev? I hope she didn't do it without letting you know! THAT would be devastating! :(
I had to leave my horse in South Africa. We couldn't afford to bring him with to Australia. Luckily I co-owned him with another girl so he had a good home to stay with over there.
Nope. :( Her reason was "they (my horse and hers) were sitting in the paddock doing nothing and it's cruel" I've been waiting for months and months for her to work something out to come down this way (she's in another state), pick me up and go and see them.. but no, she couldn't do that so sold them to someone.

Awe, that's sad, I bet you really miss him then and yeah, it'd be a fortune! at least he's with someone in a good home though, do you get updates or anything on him?

VERY pretty little filly! So glad that you're doing the natural horsemanship with her. I continue to work with all of my horses in this manner and the difference is absolutely amazing! I bet in no time you and Milly will have formed such a strong bond that you could ride her in to a war zone and she won't flinch because she trusts you so much :)
Thanks! I have seen so much in Milly the past few days I've been working on her, she hates being lunged, so we work more on ground manners and that, which she needs a lot of. I'm hoping she'll be like a bomb proof pony, I want to be able to put kids on her and know that it's 100% safe.

Looks like things are moving right along. She seems to be pretty receptive to the training program. I'm sure in no time you will be up on her back moving around quite well. Keep up the good work.

I'm green with envy seeing you work with Milly. It will be some weeks yet before I can work with or get on my horses so can only groom and hang with them until then.
I hope so, the ladies sister was doing some work with her, but stuffed everything up so now we have to go back to square one, which is fine, because that means I can form a strong bond with her and gain her full trust! :)

Sorry to hear that, I hope you can be back up in the saddle soon, it'll be something for you to look forward to as well. I really want to ride Milly, but won't be for awhile that I'll get to do that, so don't be too envious. ;)

Oh Lordy, I just want to kiss her, pet her, and brush her! I have never personally had a horse, but I was the caretaker of one named Tanny for about a year while I lived in an old 1856 farm house. Tanny was too old to ride, but he acted just like a little doggy. He went crazy, in a good way, everytime he saw me, I would spoil him with treats such as apples and pears, and he would follow me around in the woods, over the creek, and the pasture. Thank you so much for sharing and good luck and many blessings on the training.
~Rodney
:lol: I love the name Tanny, he sounds like a sweetheart! I am one to spoil horses too, but that's a secret between me and the horses. :p

Thanks so much for the good luck and blessings, it helps a lot. Thanks everyone else as well, I'll be sure to keep you's updated on our progress! :hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.